The Kenny and Wendy Wolf Collection

Bill D

https://www.aumannvintagepower.com/project/details/49186/

Not only is this one of the finest gas engine collections but it also includes collections such as a sawmill, hot air fans, cannons, lanterns, magnetos, belt driven equipment, and so much more! The collection will be sold in a series of auctions with the first half being auctioned in November 6-8th, 2019. The second group of auctions will take place in the Spring of 2020. A list of items that will be selling on each series of auctions will be available soon.

George Best

Subscriber
I check this auction every day just to see what the early bidding is. Knowing that prices will drastically change on the last day.

The one problem I have with this auction is that several engines do not have the hp listed or any indication as to the size of the engine. From the photos in some cases it is hard to know if you're looking at a small, medium, or large engine.

If they are not going to list hp, or flywheel sizes, it would good if they included a yard stick or something in a photo so you could judge the size of the engine.

They are lacking with information. Online bidding! Does that mean that there is no on site bidding day of auction. There is no way to see in person except pictures! description HP or at least dim's like dia. of flywheel. Is this how it works for me---drive 14 hrs to see the stuff then drive 14 hrs home to bid , then if I get something drive 14 hrs to pick it up then 14 hrs home?? Ron

LCJudge

Subscriber
I'm sure if you contact Kenny or Wendy they'll give you any info you desire. HP, flywheel dia, how the engine runs, where the engine came from (if they know or remember....some of this stuff they've had for 40 years) and so on. I've dealt with Kenny and Wendy numerous times over the years and they have always been willing to share what they know about the engine. Of course, nothing takes the place of seeing an engine in person.

Chris Wheeler

Subscriber
I went to the open house on Saturday. It was very interesting to see so much stuff, but I was disappointed that almost everything was crammed back into the buildings. With only a small path down the center, all you could do was look from the center of the building. If you wanted to see an engine over by the wall, you were out of luck. The climate controlled room had some very nice pieces but you were not allowed to touch anything unless you had gloves on. If its going to be like that, I feel it should be in a museum in a glass case. :(

George Best

Subscriber
Tommy, I'm sure that Kenny or Wendy can get a person information if needed. But the point is that they should not have to bother the Wolf's by asking questions about information that should be in the auction description of the items. It is basic information a person needs to know on what size engine they are bidding on. From the photos only you can't tell.

FWurth

One Millionth Post
If it's internet only, it's the auctioneers job to provide as much info as available. That's what the sellers are paying for when they hire any agent to do the sale. This is what makes the difference between a good auctioneer and a make do one.

OleMissRebel

Hi All -

Just wanted to let everyone know we are still updating some of the descriptions on these engines as some of the engines require a little more research than others. Kenny and Wendy have a lot of engines that information is scarce to come by so it's difficult to figure out exact horsepowers. One of our projects over the open house weekend was to get flywheel sizes on the engines that we couldn't confirm horsepower. I've added those to the descriptions so everyone can see that information now. If there's any information that anyone needs please feel free to contact me directly and I'll be happy to get you anything you need. My email is alex@aumannauctions.com and my cell is 217-710-9788.

Thanks!
Alex

HappyIron

Did I read the "terms" of the auction correctly that there is a 5% buyer’s premium and they are charging 7% sales tax????

LukeSte

Subscriber
Sales tax must be that particular state i expect? If its a sales tax its not the auctioneers fault, its the state legislature

HappyIron

Hi All -

Just wanted to let everyone know we are still updating some of the descriptions on these engines as some of the engines require a little more research than others. Kenny and Wendy have a lot of engines that information is scarce to come by so it's difficult to figure out exact horsepowers. One of our projects over the open house weekend was to get flywheel sizes on the engines that we couldn't confirm horsepower. I've added those to the descriptions so everyone can see that information now. If there's any information that anyone needs please feel free to contact me directly and I'll be happy to get you anything you need. My email is alex@aumannauctions.com and my cell is 217-710-9788.

Thanks!
Alex
Alex, I called you a few weeks ago on the sales tax on this sale did you guys ever get a straight answer if it was going to be charged for sure or not?

Looking over this wonderful collection and reading the sale description it is to be sold on Nov. 6-7 but all the times on the individual engines are to be completed at the same time at 6 pm on the 6th. Wouldn't it be better to space the completion times out a little bit.

OleMissRebel

Hi Everyone - It's tough to keep up with all the different websites and forums people post on so apologies for the delay in response on here. We did get conformation that sales tax will not be required on the sale so none will be charged. Regarding the end time of 6pm. For the Engines - Like many of our auctions this auction will be using Extend-All Bidding. This means that starting at 5:55pm if there is a bid on ANY item in the last 5 minutes ALL of the items will remain open for an additional 5 minutes. If this goes on for 1 hour then extension times will be dropped to 3 minutes for the next 30 minutes, then to 2 minutes for the next 30 minutes, and finally 1 minutes after that. For the Parts, Antiques, Etc - this auction has a staggered close (15 lots every 5 minutes) - it will have extended bidding on a per item basis. Len not sure how we got the Alamo information mixed up but thanks for pointing that out - I've updated the website. I'll keep an eye on here in case anyone has any questions but as always feel free to contact me directly.