• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

The sweet little 110

pvtschultz

Registered
Given different times, that "little" engine would fit very nicely in my garage...:(

I'm curious as to how high the bidding will go. :shrug:

Casemaker

Registered
I will be surprised if the bidding meets the reserve price....just my opinion that engine is worth quite a bit.

SteamLoco726

Registered
Maybe it'll bring half price of a 110???:eek:
The price it's at now seems sorta high to me for a model but it is indeed quite a nice model. Is this the one that was at NTA a few years back?
Thanks,
Andrew

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Yes, Ansel brought it to NTA and LaGrange every year.

Beth:wave:

KG1584

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2019
I think for this type of model, the price will climb higher. I would think maybe 40k:shrug: It does not take much any more for even a model to cost big bucks

Besides this one, David Fie has a 1/2 110 and Bernie Eisert has one. Are there any others that have been built and running ?

I do know that more are in the works as we speak.:O

Colin

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
shes sneakin up there a bit. says the reserve has been lowered, but its not met yet. about a day to go, will be interesting to see if the bidding gets out of hand or not. :crazy: i bet if he advertised it for sale @ his reserve guys would whine and moan and not wanna pay it :shrug:

Case Place

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/14/2019
Is the Reeves that Jboogie pointed out that is for sale, the 1/4 scale cross compound casting kit that was offered by Hartland Scale Models several years ago? Salute, Larry:wave:

Last edited:

GaarScott

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/26/2009
Larry,

I believe it is much bigger than a quarter scale...I was thinking half scale??? I will have to go revisit the site to be sure though.

Lawrence

Just went to the add again...You might be right. It looks bigger than it probably is due to the angle of the photo. But now see that it is no taller than the height of the end-gate of the Dodge pick-up in the background.

Last edited:

Bob Oliver

Registered
Wow..someone got a good engine...wonder where it went. Ansel put a lot of hours into that engine and was very proud of it. We spent a lot of time with him while we were building the boiler for it. He even brought it up to our show in Blyth one year
Bob

Danny J

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/02/2009
Well it appears the little gem just sold for for almost $30,000. Did a Staker get it? Please let us know if it is!

Thanks Danny J

Robert M

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/06/2011
If in fact it sold, somebody has a very nice engine at about half price. Winning Bid $29,850.00 I'am stunned!!

Colin

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
Well i wonder where this fun little toy went. im not sure about 60 grand Robert, but i know when David fie was building his guys were throwing around figures and estimates of 40k to make one. :shrug: i have no idea what he actually figured his cost to be though.

19-65Port

Registered
I think its a really neat little engine I just hope my kids like it as much as I do and can learn to run an engine. Mabey the tractor show can be a little more of a family event

Robert M

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/06/2011
Colin,

Maybe $60,000.00 is a little high but I'd have been happy to give $30,000.00 verses having to build one.

19-65 Port, are you saying that you are the new owner? If so, congratulations its a beautiful engine!

Last edited:

GaarScott

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/26/2009
Congradulations 19-65 Port. I got a call from a good friend of mine telling me of your purchase. I was surprised it sold for that dollar amount but pleased to hear someone in the steam community has it. Congrats again.

Lawrence