• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Think ethanol is new?

Kevin O. Pulver

Email NOT Working
Last Subscription Date
02/14/2020
I thought I'd seen that somewhere... Notice the picture says Nebraska State Historical Society.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

One of my favorite studies is how "modern" technology was used millennia before by supposedly "primitive" man.
Here is a link to a good read on the subject of advanced technology in past civilizations.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1010411.The_Puzzle_Of_Ancient_Man By Donald Chittick

And HERE:
http://s8int.com/
Is a real interesting sight on the subject of "OOPARTS"
(Out Of Place ARTifactS)
The modern "unbiased and scientific" community must believe men evolved from goo to zoo to you, or their evilutionary theory of origins falls flat on its face.
Any evidence that man was a special creation and HIGHLY ADVANCED from the beginning, is ridiculed and ignored. :brows:

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
No wonder none of those cars are still around.
I assume (dangerous I know), that you were being sarcastic with that remark, concidering how many of them ARE still around.;)

My 37 Ford truck can't tell the difference between Ethanol and Non-Ethanol even after setting for 14 years with a partial tank. Runs good no matter what I feed it other than having to replace the ignition points once in a while....

GREAT Picture, by the way ! :cool:

Thanks for sharing it 73eldo:wave:

Tim0477

Registered
Too bad they brought it back. Wish they would either get rid of the ethanol in the gasoline or manufacturers would provide carburetor parts that are resistant to the stuff. Modern autos can run OK on the stuff, but the small engine makers need to get it together. There has to be some kind of material to make diaphragms out of that can withstand the stuff. Just paid $18 for a rebuild kit for a Stihl blower with stiff diaphragms in the carb.

Tim

Tony Glaser

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/23/2019
Tim you can buy non oxy premium with no ethanol. Thats what I use in our small engines.

73eldo

Registered
The ethanol rules vary state to state and even within the states. Another interesting thing is the requirement to label the pumps also varies. Apparently there are several states that don't require the pumps to be labeled so if you are in those states you may be getting it and not know it unless you happen to be buying your gas from a vendor that thinks its a selling point and chooses to advertise it.