• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Thread information

Dobbo56

Registered
Hi All
Need help from they that have more knowledge than I !
Been over to a recently past uncles shed and came across some P&N square dies 1" × 16 con can anybody shine a light on con ?
BSP, BSW, UNC, SAE, ?
Cheers Dobbo:unsure:

Dobbo56

Registered
Der!
Should of thought of that thanks Darryl.
Funny thing the late uncle's name was Darrell.
Cheers Dobbo

Dobbo56

Registered
He was!
A retired train driver who use to take me to work when he was doing short hauls on steam trains, use to have a ball.
When I was over there today the aunty said for me to take what I want as it apparently is all left to me, so I grabbed the dies and stock plus some small tools that I think would be good to work on points and maggys. See pics. Cheers Dobbo

20200621_192502.jpg

Attachments

cobbadog

Registered
A nice King Dick and some points spanners too and they seem to be in fair condition unlike mine from years gone by. Mine were my Grand dads and are worn like you wont believe. Going by all those pics once you have all the termites removed from your shed you will need a bigger shed.

Dobbo56

Registered
Cobba
There was a bigger king dick amongst all thoese tool as well but that little one took my eye. A bigger shed, I probably have to buy a JEEP, NOT! White ants are gone but the big woks has to start, pull everything out to demolish the shelves, then make new ones out of steel, that will bugger them.

Scotty 2

Registered
Hello all
Shadow boards are the go. About the only way you know when somethings missing.......BEFORE YOU NEED IT.
Are those shadow boards in your shed or your uncle's Mr Dobbo?
Is that an old tin of Toyota touch up paint just above the power points, to the right of the telephone? And the old 7.2V Makita battery drill!!! Oh the memories.
I reckon who-ever owns that shed was a sparky dude.

Cheers Scott

Dobbo56

Registered
Scotty
The shadow boards are still in the uncle"'s shed, been thinking how to fit them in my shed. Probably is a can of Toyota touch up paint, he used to do backyard car repairs as a sideline and yes after he retired as a train driver he worked as a sparky's assistant. There's also a vintage Merc grill in the shed.
Cheers Dobbo

Scotty 2

Registered
he retired as a train driver he worked as a sparky's assistant.
How the hell did I figure that one out? It all makes perfect sense to me. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:.
I would have enjoyed talking to your uncle Dobbo. His shed tells me he was a very interesting chap. He didn't have to have finished working in the mid to late 90's did he?

That's a wicked looking 1/2 drive ratchet hanging on the top of the ratchet section as well.

Last edited:

AussieIron

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
I could just about match that photo with the 4 spanners and tape. (maybe not the 50c bit, times are tough) ;)

Dobbo56

Registered
Scotty
Yes he was an interesting man and taught me a lot. First thing he taught me was don't be scared to attempt anything, as you pull it apart for the first time just lay everything out as you take it off and reverse the procedure when assembling.
It was sad that he didn't make his next birthday (23 rd September) as he would have been 90. On my last visit (or summons) to him he presented me with his government issue train drivers fob watch and he told me that it was up to me to look after it, he just had no life left in him and wanted to go.
That ratchet is a crank handle with nuckle joint on the head.
All those red things are some sort of pullers for cars.
Aussieiron
They are great little tools and yes things are a bit tough of late
Cheers Dobbo

cobbadog

Registered
Yeah the red pullers look like wheel or brake drum pullers for the early cars like FX and earlier vehicles as well.
You might beat the White ants by fitting metal shelves but what about rust? :rotfl:

AussieIron

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
Hard times when it comes to clearing someones shed etc. Like clearing their life up. I know, I've done it. The good thing is ,he chose you to have it , so going to someone who will respect them, that would make him happy. Does sound like a nice old bloke.