• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Tillotson ML series carburetor

David K

Registered
Does anybody have an exploded view for the Tillotson ML series carburetors that they could e-mail me or up load? Thanks.

Dave

Nevr-Enuf-Stuf

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Hmm, It could be on an early Clinton :O I just went through the carb on my '47 727A this morning.

Patrick

David K

Registered
ML1B on a Lauson RSC. Been working on this engine on-n-off again for probably a year. Yesterday it was finally time to start it up. Problem is that carburetor flows massive amounts of gasoline up and/or around the main nozzle. Enough to drowned out the engine. It is not a float or float needle problem, they are good. This is the first ML series Tillotson I ever worked on and I'm thinking there's a gasket or something missing that seals the main nozzle. Possibly something that was missing when I started working on the carburetor and thus I don't know the missing part is supposed to be there. If you close the main mixture needle completely, large amounts of gasoline still flow from around the main nozzle.

I'll figure it out eventually but an exploded view and input from fellow Stak'ers is certainly welcome.

Dave

L

Larry Rarus

Does anybody have an exploded view for the Tillotson ML series carburetors that they could e-mail me or up load? Thanks.
The exploded view and overhaul instructions for the Tillotson ML can be found on the Clinton Engines Forum at this link:
http://clintongas.18.forumer.com/index.php?showforum=15

Select the Clinton Maintenance Manual & Overhaul Instructions "from 1952" (since there's a manual for newer engines up there as well). The Tillotson section starts on page 38 and the picture is on page 39.

David K

Registered
Thank you, Larry. Looking at the picture on page 39, the nozzle gasket (item 29) was missing. I never saw that gasket when I took the carburetor apart and can only assume it was missing to begin with (or fell out and I never saw it). I have a ML1A from a different Lauson that I entend to get running. I took the nozzle gasket from the ML1A and put it in the ML1B......problem solved.

Thanks again,
Dave