• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Titan Jr. Engine Pix

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Titan Jr. engine Pix

This is my SECOND IHC 1HP Titan Jr. engine. Still, another " NICE " one. Paul

Ron Davis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/25/2020
Hi Paul
Very nice engine :) also do you know of any Titan Jr around for sale in any shape?? and or parts for one of thes engines i have one spoted but the guy not sure if want to part with it yet!! but is missing the mixer,ingitor and trip and governer assy,
Thanks ron

Ron Davis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/25/2020
Hi Paul
Thanks For the info about Don i have delt with him befor hes a great guy,,if i can get this one here i will post a pic for all to see,,
Ron

W.B.Lewis

In Memory Of
Paul, what does the name tag say on your second Titan jr ? I am looking at one, but it does not have a nametag. Wendell

Don Siefker

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/18/2014
Paul,

I am also interested in the nametag, its info., etc. I have seen a few Titan Jrs., but also have never seen one w/ a nametag. Would this one maybe have been a "Canadian" or some such thing?
Congrats on another "nice one."

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Wendell and Don: The engine is in storage :shrug: up at my Sons place . I'll get up their tomorrow morning after working :confused: O.T. on the 3rd. shift (er. break :eek: ) with my camera and get a photo to share :) .

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
Don Oberholtzer TEST ;)

Regarding Don Oberholtzer who ALWAYS suffixes his name with AGEE.
I ASKED him what AGEE stood for as I thought it might refer to some heretofore unknown fancy degree.............:rolleyes:
So I KNOW what it means.............how about YOU?.............:brows:

BTW...........good guy with whom to deal.............:D

(The winner gets nothing but satisfaction.............which these days isn't the worst thing to have.............;) )

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Wendell-Don-Others: Here is a photo of the tag :eek: on one of my IHC Titan Jr's :uhoh: . The restored one does not have a tag :confused: . It's 1 1/2"H x 4"L and reads as follows:

SOLD BY
NTERNATIONAL HARVESTER COMPANY
OF CANADA LIMITED
HAMILTON ONTARIO

Attachments

Charlie Bryant

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
Memorial
Hi Paul,

Charlie Bryant here up in Maine. I have a couple of questions. Is the
belt pulley on the r/h flywheel the same as for the Tom Thumb and 1 HP
Famous and Titans?. Also is the engine S/N stamped on the end of the crank shaft?

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Hi Paul,

Charlie Bryant here up in Maine. I have a couple of questions. Is the
belt pulley on the r/h flywheel the same as for the Tom Thumb and 1 HP
Famous and Titans?. Also is the engine S/N stamped on the end of the crank shaft?
The answer to your first question as I got wet in the down pour :rant: to check is NO :( . The answer to your second question is yes :) .

The crankshaft on the Titan Jr. is 1.00", and on the Tom Thumb it's 1.125" . The governor, latch up, flywheels, mixer, fuel tank, muffler and everything else is different :shrug: .

W.B.Lewis

In Memory Of
Paul, if the Titan Jr. has a different muffler, do you have an original, a picture of it, and does anyone make a repro muffler that I could order ? Thanks, Wendell

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Wendell: The Titan Jr. muffler looks like the 1HP Titan muffler only smaller :eek: . It has male threads of the same size as the female threads on the larger muffler. Here is a couple of photos of the mufflers side by side. :cool: Don Oberholtzer :uhoh: one of Harry's sponsors has them available as reproductions from time to time. Don's WEB site is:

http://hometown.aol.com/agee1/

Attachments

Mike McKnight

Registered
Excuse me for asking a dumb question (I'm a steam guy, really!) but what is the difference between a 1 HP Titan and a Titan Jr? I own a small Titan (or at least that's what a friend of mine said it is, instead of a Famous) in need of some TLC, parts and what-not! I think the head on mine looks different than the engines in the above pics. It has the strange looking rod-cap casting for the cream separator, I think.

Thanks,
Mike McKnight

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Mike: The 1HP Titan Jr. is somewhat smaller and lighter than the 1HP Titan or Famous :uhoh: . About the only thing common between the Titan Jr. and the Titan and Famous is the HP and the IHC name :eek: . All the parts are different :shrug: .

Mike McKnight

Registered
Paul,
I appreciate the explanation. :) How can I tell what exactly this engine is that I've got? 1 HP Titan, 1 HP Famous, or Titan Jr? And, what all kinds of parts are available for these smaller, older IH's?

There is no name tag on my engine, and, unfortunately, there is a nut welded on the end of the crankshaft. :( (I think I've heard this is where the SN should be stamped?):confused:
Thanks,
Mike