• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Titan Jr. Engine Pix

W.B.Lewis

In Memory Of
I h.p. Famous[1911-1917] and Titan[1914-1918] 1h.p. are the same, according to the 1918 IHC PARTS BOOK. The Titan jr was made 1915-1917. The Titan jr is lighter by about 100 lbs. than the 1 h.p. hopper-cooled Famous. The only parts they have in common[according to the parts cat.], are some nuts and bolts. Nice light, igniter fired IHC hopper-cooled engine.

Charlie Bryant

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
Memorial
Thanks Paul for your help. I just acquired my Titan Jr. and have ordered the muffler from Don. Have not found the S/N yet.

Charlie Bryant

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Charlie: Thats "GREAT" ;) . Got it running yet :rolleyes: , how's the gas tank, is it a dual fuel unit (gas start/kerosene run) ?,does it have a magneto and butter churn pulley :uhoh: . Always like to look at others, need a photo :D .

Mike McKnight

Registered
Well Gents, had a chance to get out to dad's barn and looked at my little IH engine this evening. The hopper filler is more pronounced and square, it's got a larger water-cooled head, and the base is made much heavier than the engines in Paul's pics-I'd say I've got either a 1 HP Titan or 1 HP Famous, instead of a Titan Jr. :)
Mike M

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Mike: You are right ;) . The Titan Jr. has a smaller oval hopper opening rather than square, and the head is a dry head held on by three bolts. The base is definetly lighter :uhoh: .

MCanady

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2019
Bill and Paul - One of my Titan Jr's has a Sumter Jr magneto on it. I will have to get mine out and take pictures too.

pstuartmaynard

Registered
I see you have a titan Jr. I am trying to help a friend find a detent arm and spring for his (we live in CT) The detent arm was broken off of Lee's engine and he's trying to find one. Don no longer makes the replacement parts. Hoping even a good close up picture would help cause Lee is pretty handy with a welder and maybe could make something up. Thank you for any help you have to offer.