• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Toy Generator to hook up to steam engine?

Danno

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/01/2011
Picked this old 24v generator up I believe it was a toy to hook up to a steam engine, anyone have any info on this? I do not see any makers marks tag on top says 24 volts 3" high 3-3/4" long, any info is appreciatedIMG_20200315_205856450.jpg

Last edited:

Ronald E. McClellan

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/05/2020
Danno Have you tried to run it ? You may have to do some cleaning on the electric connections/brushes for good contact. It will run on 12 V Even if it is a generator. It won't hurt it. To see if it will generate , you will have to get it turning at about 2000 RPM. Let us know what you find. Ron

Ronald E. McClellan

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/05/2020
danno is there any other info on the plate , maker , amps , speed , dates ?? I have a great looking steam engine generator setup that will not generate. The steam engine works and the generator works when tested , but the engine will not turn the generator fast enough to generate. I tried to make it work , but it will require a larger faster more powerful engine. Ron

Last edited:

Danno

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/01/2011
danno is there any other info on the plate , maker , amps , speed , dates ?? I have a great looking steam engine generator setup that will not generate. The steam engine works and the generator works when tested , but the engine will not turn the generator fast enough to generate. I tried to make it work , but it will require a larger faster more powerful engine. Ron
Ron, all the plate says that is hardly legible is 24 volts, I was hoping someone here may recognize it as to make and model, I know it is old