Tractor and Engine Show in Canton Texas

J.R.Smith

Subscriber
Re: Tractor and engine show in Canton Tx.

:(Nope Can't make it. Too many other events going on this time of year. Just can't make all of them. April 15 & 16 Memories of Yesteryear, 16th Annual East Texas Antique Tractor & Engine Show at Henderson,TX. Too many things, too close, takes away from the others. Wish they would move it to July or August. No much going on then.:wave: J.R.

vern0n

Re: Tractor and engine show in Canton Tx.

Want to go, but I was up there last weekend. I tried to find someone going just for Saturday to hitch a ride, but none of my club friends, (Blue Bonnet Tractor club), are going just for the day. So, I'll just stay home. Going to the Burton show on the 16th God willing.

dalmatiangirl61

Subscriber
Re: Tractor and engine show in Canton Texas

Would be nice, but there a tractor auction Saturday and the grass really really needs to be mowed, its so tall now I can't even see my dogs in it:eek: I think I'll make that show in Burton, unless I'm still killing mesquite or still mowing grass:(.

Dwayne Fuller

Subscriber

I can't manke it either. Just too many events in April. Wish it was later in the year.

ar2stp48

Heard a couple of ads on the local radio about it today. Still dont travel or get around too well from stroke in Feb. If I can convince the better half to come along too , I may try to make it Saturday

Paul

Ray Ethridge

Wish I could be there but I gotta get the Evans washed and manicured for Burton... I agree with the others, too much stuff going on all at once, then a huge stretch in July and August with nothing

C-Wade7

Looks like alot can't make it, hope it turns out good a show is'nt a show without people. My boys are looking foward to it and we hope to get there around 9:30 am or so. It's going to be almost 90* so good ice cream weather!

Ray Ethridge

at least three of us that said we won't make it are 5 hours plus away, so it takes some serious thinking to go to Canton. There are a lot of engine guys closer, and a good portion of them are probably already there. Take pics for those of us that can't make it!

Dwayne Fuller

Subscriber
I'm sure it will be a good show. Perfect place and nice weather. One year it was snowing on the Canton weekend. This show/swap meet has been growing and I would be going but I have a higher priority commitment. Can't be in two places at the same time.

I hope a bunch of engine guys can come to my gas up on April,30th.

Dwayne

ar2stp48

Dwayne, you picked a busy weekend; I will see you in Hope in August. Will be in Little Rock on 30th for Scottish Rite; my older son in law is going through it this year.

C-Wade7

Ray,
I totally understand, it is about two and a half hours for me, but it is really one of the closer shows in Texas for me that I can make it to. Dwayne, I wish I could make it to your place, but this work keeps getting in the way of my personal life ;-)

J.R.Smith

Subscriber
:rant: Its bad when its only about 80 miles up the road to Canton. And its about 20 miles from my home Town. Just too many thing going on this time of year. :crazy: Everybody has to be some place, Just can't make it every weekend, I have to work sometime!:eek: J.R.

slade12178

Anyone know of any other nice tractor or engines shows in texas this year. Plan on attending the show in temple in Oct but other than that just small local shows.

Todd Hodges

Subscriber
Hey can come to Decatur TX next weekend May the 5th @ the Wise County Posse Grounds tractor and engine show usually only engine that is there are mine should have 8 engines running