• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Try Pure gas... it's GREAT!

Capt...John

Registered
If you want the best as for your engines, get some Pure Gas sold at many places. It leaves no varnish in your carb and has no ethanol in it. Your engine will start far better and have more power. It is also a good storage fuel for the winter. Just go to the website to find where you can buy it.
http://pure-gas.org/ Your engines will love you...Try it.
Capt...John :)

grub54891

Registered
Last Subscription Date
06/08/2010
Re: Try Pure gas...it GREAT

Never looked,they sell it at the place I fill up at!

Elden DuRand

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
12/22/2017
I thought I would find some place a hundred miles away but when I looked, I found that I've been buying my pump gas at a Pure gas place. The marina just about two miles up the road.

Hot diggity!:)

Capt...John

Registered
I am glad people are starting to find Pure-gas stations now. I have a 20 year old snow blower...it never did want to start no matter how well I tuned it. About 3 years ago I used some Pure-gas and from then on it started first pull !!! Try it & you will see what I am saying. :) :) :)

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
I started using recreational fuel last year in all my small engines. Chain saw, power washer, weed eater, generator and my old Ford tractor all start easier and run better... Cost is about a $1 more a gallon but that is offset by not having problems. I had a new JD Gator with the 10 H.P. Kawasaki engine that I bought new in 04 and have put 4 fuel pumps on it. Also saves a lot of wear on my arm..
Elden, When I am in Florida I see non-ethanol fuel almost every where. I know they like to run that fuel in their airboats, expecially the ones with aircraft type engines.

Capt...John

Registered
In the west Michigab area, it is on average ony 50 cents higher in price. Regular gas prices at most stations go up & down like crazy. Up real fast....then trickle down.:mad:

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
You are right Capt John, I pay about $4.49 a gallon. It also stays more consistant in price, not up and down like regular gas. Right now gas in Lafayette is as low as $3.38 up to $3.54..

Capt...John

Registered
Our gas in the USA is formulated with crappy additives and contains 10% ethanol and now the Gov wants to raise it too 15 % ethanol. That will give us less gas mileage and less power. The bad part is it will raise the price of food products. We sure do not want this bill passed. So we better email our reps. :mad:

boz

Registered
Sounds good but I am looking for added lube in the fuel. Would still like to know what % MMO you guys think I should try ?

deverett

Registered
Bob Shores recommended 5% WD40. So that might be the starting point to try with MMO.

You may care to read Bob's info about his use of WD40 on the FAMES site. http://www.floridaame.org/
Tips & Links
Bob Shores
Engine Building Tips (It's Tip 10)
There's no direct link to the page, unfortunately.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Gil Garceau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2019
WD40 is used by many in model engine fuel but is not a good lubricant. It may have other helpful qualities. I thing 2 ounces Marvel Mystery Oil for each gallon of fuel is good. I use Coleman fuel or straight naphtha for fuel, never automobile gasoline as it has too much crap in it.

Gil

Last Subscription Date
07/30/2014
The non-ethanol IS the only way to go with the small power equipment engines like generators, lawn mowers, chain saws, etc. I use it in all my old iron and also not a bad idea to run some through our daily drivers from time to time. But for my models, I've used both and have to say that Coleman fuel is going to get my vote.

Craig

Capt...John

Registered
I use Coleman fuel in some small model engines. It is very clean burning and the smell is just about like..next to no smell. If you overfill a small fuel tank on a engine, it evaporates away real quick. I use a Coleman funnel that has the blue filter in it and that way the carb never plugs up with particles. Best Regards,

Capt,n :zz:

konkos

Registered
I have taken the time to read it and find it very worrying to say the lest. I hope that this situation doesn't come to us here in Oz. We only have 10% in our fuel so far. I always buy top grade fuel for our little engines - chainsaws, lawnmowers etc.
konkos

Owen Bosma

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/07/2018
I don’t know what is meant by “pure gas” ……………. additives have been added to all blends of gasoline.
In Ontario most service stations dispense 3 blends from 1 pump with a octane rating of 87, 89 and 91. The lower blend contains up to 10% ethanol, the 89 contains up to 5% ethanol and is a blend of 87 and 91, the blending is don at the pump. 91 gas is ethanol free, but is still possible to get a trace of ethanol because of a previous fill up of the lower grade.

There are a few stations that carry a “Super Clean” Ultra 94 which is ethanol free. (Petro-Can)

Capt...John

Registered
:rolleyes:Did you ever read about the crude oil from Canada with lots of tar sands in it. If not give it a glance or two. Capt,n

JUST GOOGLE IT

Capt...John

Registered
Well it looks like the Republican party wants to build that pipe line over our USA state land so Canada can sell there oil form our ports. That is pure non-sense. Call or email your state rep. Thanks, John :mad: