• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Trying to identify old mechanical bell

Peter Holmander

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
I recently picked up what I think might be a vintage railroad or fire alarm bell. I have posted a picture of the front and back of it. I'm trying to fid out who made it. It has a part number cast into the base but it's hard to make out. It looks like GG6308 or CG6308. It is 10 inches in diameter. Anyone ever seen a bell with a mounting base like this one? Would appreciate any help or info on this bell. Thanks

Attachments

Peter Holmander

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
Thanks Lonnie ! That gives me someplace to look. What were the bells used for on the hay press? I did not realize it at the time, but there is a board for Industrial Vintage Antiques. I'm going to try my luck moving my info there.

Peter Holmander

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
I don't think so Duey. Its missing a few parts I think. There is definitely a spring missing. I can see the two holes where a second spring goes. Could be more linkage missing too. That's why I'm trying to identify it so I can seek additional pics of it to see what is missing. Hoping we can solve the mystery as to who made it.

Peter Holmander

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
Did a google image search on "Hay Press Bell" and got a few pictures that are similar in style as mine, but not exact. I'm hoping someone will see my pictures and instantly recognize it. The mystery bell identification continues.