• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

"Twin City 25-45" Model Build Completed

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010
I got a good start on the Twin City tractor the past two days and it is going smoothly except for the rear wheels that are now on back order and won't be here till next Wed:rant:. I should be able to get the frame sides riveted and the steering links completed tomorrow. Then on to the radiator which will take some time fabricating and putting tubes in and making brackets.

Attachments

Last edited:

oldtractors

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/22/2015
Re: Twin City model build

Pretty cool looking. What engine are you going to use?

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010

This one will have 6.5 hp honda knock-off encased in a look-a-like block. The side of the block will hinge open where the hand holes are to access the starter and choke. Makes it dependable and cuts the cost of the build.

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010

Update for today. I got the steering finished and the side plates formed, didn't have time for rivets though. The catalog on steel wheels . net really has helped alot for rivet placement as there is a page showing the side details and front steering assembly.

Attachments

A Martinson

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/09/2009

Looking REALLY good so far. Are you going to make it scale speed too? Mine goes 1.75 mph, something to keep in mind haha. Let me know if you need any detailed shots of any parts.

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010

Todays update, I got the side rivets done, steering bugs worked out, motor mounted with the clutch bracket and started the mock-up engine cover. Still lots to do, tomorrow is another day!:)

Attachments

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010

Didn't get as much done today as the boy was sick and had a doctor visit and a trip to the hospital for some test on him. The results came back good and we thank the Lord as he has a heart issue that showed up when he was 3. (my own opinion is, he's got too big a heart) but thats Dad talking. I managed to get some of the engine cover done in between though.

BTW the mag I made for it was HOT!:eek:

(only after I proceeded to pick it up after welding it and already had took my gloves off);)

Attachments

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010

Got the engine cover mostly done today with the exception of filling some areas.

Attachments

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010

Got the radiator done today and made brackets to mount it. Starting to look like something now.:)

BTW there are only 130 holes to drill to get the centers of a Twin City radiatior done :bonk:----Kind of like, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop as the wise old owl asked. :O

Attachments

GaarScott

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/26/2009

I'm quite impressed, as I'm sure others are, in the speed in which you are putting this model together. She is really starting to shape into something. Nice job!

Lawrence

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010

Had a little time play with some pics last night. I merged two pics (real tractor -- model tractor). Its looking fairly close.

Attachments

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010

Didn't have time to post last night so you get a two-fer. I got the hubs fabricated and machined and the inner fenders cut yesterday. Today I got the outer fenders cut and formed, then welded them to the inner radius. Had to make some tooling for the Metl-Mastr to wire the fenders as I used 3/16" rod (instead of 1/8") for wires. Should be strong enough as my hand crank roller took quite a little effort to turn. Fenders are now in place and starting to fab the operators compartment.

Attachments

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010

More pics from today.
1. Die
2. formed over wire
3. fenders
4. fenders

Attachments

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019

Nice looking tractor.

You mentioned having the back wheels on order and also mentioned 'steel wheels . net' which I never heard of before, but was able to find. I didn't see the 'catalog' you mentioned for them though. Are they the ones you have the rear wheels on order with, or is someone else making them, and if so, who.

Could save others a lot of work if there's a source for them ready made, if the price is reasonable.

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010

Otto, the steel wheels that I use are from a local amish blacksmith shop that specializes in fabricating wheels and rebuilding old implements along with building horse drawn farm equipment. Steel wheels . net on the other hand is where I downloaded some tractor catalogs to use for referance to build the tractor as they had lots of detailed illustrations in them.

Powereline equipment is the amish that I order from.
(sorry no phone) I can try to find an address so you could contact them by mail if you want, or PM me and I'll see what I can do for you as it is only a 10 minute drive for me to check things for you.

BTW they still aren't done as the company that makes the bands for them had some equipment issues, but they promised they would be in this tues the latest (I cant wait):D

Brian

Last edited:

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019

Thanks.

Not something I'm in the market for myself right now, but maybe some others will be contacting you about them.

A person can never have too many sources for parts.

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010

Andrew, thanks a bunch for the pics. It looks like an easy build for the fan shaft bracket. Just what I needed!:D It sure helps on the build. I'm almost done with it and hope to have it ready to shoot paint on Wed. The rear wheels still aren't in yet but at least I can paint it. I ran it on the blocks tonight and everything is working fine with the exception of the universal I used for the steering shaft which I already found something different and should work better. If only I could drive it before paint. I don't have any 4 lug steel wheels in the shop now just 5 lug.
BTW Low gear goes about a slow walk from what I can figure. I didn't want to scale the speed also as you stated.:crazy: I might win some slow races if I did though!!!

Once again THANKS
Brian

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010

Finally--- some COLOR on the little critter. Still waiting on the rear wheels yet:headbang:

Attachments