• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Two cycle gas mixture?

Bill Sherlock

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
I'd use a 16-1 mixture to start with until I found information to indicate otherwise. The Pro Mac 60 shows 20 - 1 but I don't know how close that is to your saw.

Bill

Robrep

Registered
i think it is 20 to 1 with 30 wt oil, with new oils it is different. either way too much oil is better then too little. I have a Mac BP1 with the same question someone replied 32 to 1 with the newer 2 cycle oils. Ive seen this same ratio for older outboard motors.

JoeCB

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/19/2020
Us old outboard motor guys say …. "OIL is cheap , PARTS expensive"

Joe

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
If the saw is early 1960s or older, I would not use modern lubes in it. Use either SAE 30 non-detergent or TCW-3 OIL only. The newer cut lubes will starve the older slower engines for lubrication. i am sure your saw is not a 22,000 RPM screamer like they make nowdays! Not much difference between 16 and 20:1 ratios, you just have to clean out the exhaust ports and mufflers more often.