• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Ummm, why? (Maytag Antique Engine Estate Find)

Mike King

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
12/27/2019
Re: ummm, why???

It must be difre:shrug:nt from the ones I see at every show for $100-$200 asking price.Most of them dont sell!I wish I had a barn full now!!You can never fully understand auctions though....

Tom Cwach

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/18/2019

Excellent original with the odd Wico mag. Still pricey for me.

M&WJOE

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
12/22/2017

HMMM, The last Maytag I sold for $30.:eek: Wait, no, I gave the last one to a kid down town. He shure is having fun with it. I`m out a grand though. M&WJoe:cool:

vern0n

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2013

Well he did say he doesn't know a thing about these engines. I guess he is fixen to learn.

John Davis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/14/2020

I think I read somewhere that it once belonged to Elvis. He use to sing and dance to the sound of it running.

Brian Lynch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019

Getting the money from the high bidder should be worth a made for TV movie. Or maybe a new reality show based on high ebay bids.:wave:

Dan Baalman

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/26/2017

I heard the Elvis story also. He used to park it in between the two hundred Harleys he had, that have shown up at garage sales all over the country.

ronm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Ummm, why?
That's the question I pretty much have about any Maytag, at any price...:shrug:
I do have a genuine Maytag gas can, though, that I wouldn't part with at any price...sentimental value, ya know...

Luke Struik

Registered
what did it end up going for anyways? i tried to go see it but it just said bidding had ended and that was it, it sounded like it went for over $1000 though??

John Newman Jr.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
Starting price was $9.99, so the seller is no way at fault in this. The 2 guys that ran it up once it went past $300 are the ones that are not thinking clearly......

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
I could never figure it out when they started going in the $200.00-$300.00 range for restored ones and sometimes unrestored rusty ones.

If that one is actually all original in that good of shape, then in comparison.... yes I can almost believe the $1010.00 selling price + another $48.00 for S&H on top of it. I doubt you'd ever find a nicer original one !

I would hope the seller would throw in the S&H for free considering what he got for the engine.