• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Unidentified Engine

Brianne163

Registered
We are currently restoring a single cylinder horizontal engine and it has no markings at all. We are hoping someone on the forum might be able to identify it for us and also point us in the right direction for more information regarding timing, starting procedure etc. Images attached

Attachments

Pat Barrett

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Re: Unidentified engine

It's a fuller Johnson, Unsure of model Others will be along to add more.

Mick

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019

Roseberry/buzacott 2hp but i would advise to replace that heavily repaired govenor side flywheel!

cobbadog

Registered
No matter which of the models mentioned that it is, these are a sweet running engine. Plenty of bits out there and with a good spark and timed right they are an easy one to start.
It has an unusual crank starting system much different to our later model Buzacott and your lucky with it not having a Wico EK magneto. :brows: :O

AussieIron

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020

Mick, I think you're right. I might be wrong, but other side flywheel a couple of top spokes welded too? Brianne, don't think I'm being picky, just want you to check before you start. If they are crook, you should be able to get new ones fairly easy. Nice engine, hope flywheels are ok, but please check them.