• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Unidentified pump

Spenser Rynne

Registered
Hello, all. Made a post about this pump earlier in the day asking in general about diaphragms.
On that note, does anyone perhaps know who built this unit? It's not that big. Pipes are about 2.5"id. The engine is a Clinton B760. I can't seem to find a tag or outline anywhere on it.

Attachments

K-Tron

Registered
Spenser, that is a really cool old mud pump. Can you post a picture of the tag on your engine? Usually Clinton provided more than just B760. If there are any numbers or letters after that number I can look it up in my Clinton book to see if a manufacturer was stated. Plain B760 comes up as a general engine for export. In case you did not know the 6 in 760 indicates a 6:1 gear reduction. It is a 2 horsepower engine.

Chris

Spenser Rynne

Registered
Spenser, that is a really cool old mud pump. Can you post a picture of the tag on your engine? Usually Clinton provided more than just B760. If there are any numbers or letters after that number I can look it up in my Clinton book to see if a manufacturer was stated. Plain B760 comes up as a general engine for export. In case you did not know the 6 in 760 indicates a 6:1 gear reduction. It is a 2 horsepower engine.

Chris
The complete tag is:
Model B760 AOD
Serial 2804671 E

K-Tron

Registered
B760 AOD was specified as a General Trade engine and was replaced by the Clinton C760-113. Sadly that indicates that your engine wasnt exactly specific to any particular brand. Whoever made the pump used whatever engine was available...Off the top of my head, Myers, Novo, & Domestic come to mind as manufacturers of diaphragm type mud pumps. Hopefully someone on here can help identify it. Id start by seeing if there are any names/numbers cast into the frame or the pump specific components.

Chris

Spenser Rynne

Registered
B760 AOD was specified as a General Trade engine and was replaced by the Clinton C760-113. Sadly that indicates that your engine wasnt exactly specific to any particular brand. Whoever made the pump used whatever engine was available...Off the top of my head, Myers, Novo, & Domestic come to mind as manufacturers of diaphragm type mud pumps. Hopefully someone on here can help identify it. Id start by seeing if there are any names/numbers cast into the frame or the pump specific components.

Chris
"BOSTON" is cast into the bull gear, but so far that's all I've found. The owner of the property had a habit of splatter painting everything, so I'll start removing paint carefully and see if anything else emerges. By the looks, I think it had a gear/pump cowling, so the name might have been on that anyway..

---------- Post added at 07:10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07:25 AM ----------

And from what I understand, Edson pumps were built in Boston. Boston was also a gear manufacturing company. So the gears themselves might go with that name .. or the pump might be an Edson? I can't find one quite like it though, but some components are similar.