• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Universal Motor Co. Inboard Motors

CraigWis

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2019
I have gotten over 300 Factory taken pictures from Universal Motor Co. Oshkosh Wi. from 1940-1950's. They made Inboard Boat motors, and Engine run Generators
I have a lot of 10" X 8" photos of the boat motors. Some of them I know the model others I don't. Some of the engines are 1 Cylinder up to a inline 8 cylinder
If anyone wants any photos or can help in identifying contact or E-Mail me
Craig

Attachments

CraigWis

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2019
Here are a few more Photos. Boat motor And a few Factory shop pictures and Generator photo. I can only post 4 at a time
What I like the most is the factory pictures. The Photos are better then the scans. Lose some of the details by scaning and reducing the size to file
Craig

Attachments

Bud Tierney

Registered
For ID help you should try oldmarineengine, both for old catalogs and many users...
For scanning old ads/m'f'r's listings search Universal in the period boating trade journals---The Motor Boat, Rudder, etc, many of which are available full view and searchable in hathitrust...

IronworkerFXR

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/06/2020
awesome pictures, when this county could make quality equipment , and for the most part people actually had a chance to live .

now you just work for people who dont want to work