• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Unknown Implement Parts

High Voltage

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2016
Does anyone happen to know what these are from? They are iron disc (scoops?) Mounted to wood beams. Some sort of soil turner? The castings say 'Link M.F.G Co' 'Fargo ND' Pat #2159839. My old books and the internet haven't given me any answers, hopefully someone here knows what they are.
Thanks!

Attachments

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
Looks like the remnants of a cultivating sled called a Go Devil.

Heins

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
FWurth, I think they are what we call puddlers out west here. They are hooked behind a oneway or discs to form puddles to catch rain water so the newly worked ground won't wash so bad. They rotate to form the puddles.

High Voltage

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2016
Thanks. Do you guys know of any pictures of them set up? I tried googling your suggestions but couldn't find anything that looked similar.

Oilpulled

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
1939 Patent no 2150839 Identifies it as an agricultural implement to make ridges and depressions. The similarity of the pictures and the patent drawings are obvious.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/83/e2/60/cb2925e2b789f8/US2150839.pdf

---------- Post added at 09:53:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50:02 PM ----------

Nice unusual find and worth restoring by replacing the wood. Save it!

High Voltage

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2016
Thank you for looking into this. That looks like it for sure. Very cool and doesn't look like a very difficult restoration project.

Mike Rock

Registered
Heins, my THANKS is not showing for you, to THANK YOU! We had some of these in North Dakota and they were no longer used. Nice find.

EmersonFan

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/08/2020
That is awesome! I have never heard of these; but I can see how it could be useful.