• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Unknown Small Round Belt Drill Press

Joe Huld

Registered
I got this drill press exactly as it appears here, it is missing at least the quill pulley and may once have had a counter shaft with a clutch. It is a small DP standing only 21 inches high with a table only 4 inches in diameter and a 6 inch diameter base. The remaining pulley says that it was originally driven by a round leather belt. There are no markings of any kind except for a 1923 patent date on the chuck which I've tracked down but unfortunately it did not lead to further information. I plan to make a new quill pulley and will either use a small jewelers lathe counter shaft I have or a foot power round belt drive that I think also drove a small jewelers lathe.
I'd appreciate any info re who made this and when as well as any thoughts on restoration.

Attachments