• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Very neat 40's? video of farming

Tim B

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
04/22/2020
I found this or it found me on you tube. I enjoyed watching it and thought I would share. There is a La engine in there.

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
I never new they did no till in the 50"s ... Or not in Indiana... The crop of corn looked pretty thin, probably less that a 80 bu. per acre.. How times have changed!! Thanks for the movie....

radiodoc

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2021
I thought the bale gun was neat. The hay on the wagon brought back memories of summer during the high school years. Five cousins and I hauled hay from the field and stacked it in the barn for six cents a bale. The farmers provided the transportation. Some of the farmers had girl kids and they got their share of hay hauling too. In fact some of the farm girls I knew could easily whip an old boy's butt in the blink of an eye.