• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

vinco boat flying dolphin

burnoil

Registered
Looking for information on a small vinco flying dolphin boat made of fiberglass . It looks like you lay on top of it. It has a small zip start vinco engine inside. And one paddle i have never seen anything like it. Someone must know something about this neat little boat. Any info would be great thanks:shrug:

Michaely

Registered
g'day Dennis,

I saw your "boat" on your trailer last summer but know nothing about it. But if you post a pic it might help jog someones memory.

John Mathieson

Registered
Norm Vincent of the Bombala Historical Engine Machinery Society is a nephew to the chap that made Vinco engines. He could have the information that you are seeking. I dont have a contact number for him. Cheers John

dazza270770

Registered
Looking for information on a small vinco flying dolphin boat made of fiberglass . It looks like you lay on top of it. It has a small zip start vinco engine inside. And one paddle i have never seen anything like it. Someone must know something about this neat little boat. Any info would be great thanks:shrug:
Thanks for the info. i will try and look him up thanks again.
I have 2 Flying Dolphin boat minus engines

Attachments

Darryl

Registered
I once saw a very similar boat/ surfboard in a back yard in Glenroy which had a Sachs wankel engine in it hooked up to a jet unit.

Scotty 2

Registered
Hello all
What engine went into these little boats? They would not have been the putt putt engines Vinco made would they?
Vinco also made 2 stroke motor mower engines. I wonder if one of these were used?
Cheers Scott

dazza270770

Registered
Hello all
What engine went into these little boats? They would not have been the putt putt engines Vinco made would they?
Vinco also made 2 stroke motor mower engines. I wonder if one of these were used?
Cheers Scott
Apparently they were fitted with t he Vinco 2 stroke engine