• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE in your location!

Vintage Decora air compressor... Just how Vintage?

Metal Twister

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/25/2015
New here and hope this is the correct place to post this? I will be getting the Fairbanks 1.5 hp up and running soon and was looking for accessories that I can us with it. I was given this little Decora Mfg. air compressor pump. Looks to be built in Richmand Ca. but when? Any guesses as to the use or age of this little beauty? I hooked it up to a 115v electric motor and it just screams with air volume. I don't think the F.M. will have any issues at all spinning it. I ddid a google search and there are some older Decora compressors out there but I haven't seen anything like this.

Attachments

Nevr-Enuf-Stuf

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
I couldnt find that one in a search either, but going strictly by the looks and style of it I would guess circa 1930s.

Patrick

Metal Twister

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/25/2015
You did way better than I did Patrick... I couldn't find anything like it anywhere. That Ebay compressor is no doubt the same case. Thanks for the search and reply. I'm guessing 30's as well. I just didn't know if it was an under the hood compressor or a stand alone unit? Either way I kinda like it and will make use of it once again. Thanks for the help. :salute: