• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Wade Drag Saw

jtrojek

Registered
I stumbled upon this Wade drag saw that a fellow wants to sell me. It's not seized. Would this be the clutchless version? Second, should this saw have a mag on it or is this set up for a battery and buzz coil? I'd love to hear any and all insight concerning this saw as I know nothing about them and am looking for an education. I need to know as much as I can in order to decide if I want to purchase it. I've done the usual Google search for info and insight. Is this saw an early one, then? Is it missing an oiler on top of the engine? The owner said he has a partial spare motor, the wood blade, and an ice blade stored inside. Sorry about the poor pictures. I had to wade through raspberries and grapevine in order to crawl underneath a trailer to see it. I'm guessing that the engine was cracked and repaired at some point long ago (see picture). Any insight into what it's missing, what's broken, good points about it, etc., would be greatly appreciated. He's asking $400 (Canadian dollars). I collect antique garden tractors so this is a little outside of my usual collection, but it's awfully neat so I'm considering it. I have many more pictures if you want/need to see something specific. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Doug Tallman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/11/2019
That saw does have the timer so it was a buzz coil version. I can't see enough of the clutch but its not one that is easily releasable. If it has a spring behind the sprocket it was at least designed to slip. Did it have the tag on the cylinder? Chris J on here could give you some good info on it. It looks a little rough from the pics. How are the tanks?

coyote62ny

Registered
that is a 2 cycle engine was always buzz coil ignition a frien bought one his is a hit and miss engine i think he gave 800 for it

Doug Tallman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/11/2019
As far as I know, all Wades were 2 stroke. They did make several models with mags. I'd like to see a picture of your friend's hit and miss Wade. Or...are you comparing apples to oranges?