• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

(WANTED) Briggs FI Muffler

Dale Russell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
08/29/2019
I am looking for a Used Round (Approx, 4") W/ 3/4" pipe Muffler for an FI Briggs. Want to keep it looking period correct.

Dale Russell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
08/29/2019
BUMP, Surely someone out there has a Round Muffler with 3/4" pipe in serviceable condition that they can part with. This Muffler was used on a lot of different model's. Just want to keep the "OLD USED LOOK". Tell me what you want for it with shipping.

Turbo

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Dale, are you referring to the muffler that looks like a bubble with small holes in the end? If so I may know where there are few. I just traded for one a few weeks back because I needed it for my FH. There were several others on his shelf but most had 1/2" pipe. (I never knew they made them with 1/2" pipe until I saw these.) I can get a hold of him today and see if he has another 3/4 pipe muffler.

Dale Russell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
08/29/2019
Turbo, Yes that is the Muffler I am looking for. A used one would work great for this application. Let me know what you find out. It is about 4" to 4 1/2" Round in Dia. with 7 holes in the center. It is the same muffler that was used on the FH Briggs. Some call it a Ball Muffler.

Last edited:

Turbo

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Now that you say that Mike, I think I have a model WMI on an Eclipse mower that has one. Dale, I got busy today and didn't get a chance to call but I will first thing tomorrow.

Dale Russell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
08/29/2019
I will need 2 of those Ball mufflers if you find a source for them as I have a Y Model I plan to restore in the future that takes the same muffler. Thanks for checking on them for me.