• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Wanted - - IHC 3 way selector valve

Vladnick

Registered
Searching for a three way selector valve for the carburetor/ mixer on my 1920 IHC rebuild. The casting/part number on the carburetor is 9624 TA . My carburetor is missing this part and I am looking to buy one if someone has a spare one they want to sell.

mmcdonald

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/13/2017
You might want to mention what tractor you're working on. At least for me that helps a lot. For instance(and from memory) a 10-20 used a valve on the bottom of the starting tank that was piped to a sediment bowl screwed into the kerosene tank and that fed the carb I think. I don't remember a 3 way but I don't own a 10-20 either.

Kirk Taylor

Registered
You might want to mention what tractor you're working on. At least for me that helps a lot. For instance(and from memory) a 10-20 used a valve on the bottom of the starting tank that was piped to a sediment bowl screwed into the kerosene tank and that fed the carb I think. I don't remember a 3 way but I don't own a 10-20 either.
I believe he is working on a 3hp IHC type M gasoline/kerosene engine. He can confirm that.

Vladnick

Registered
Thanks for the replies to my inquiry. I am relatively new to the restoration of Vintage engines. I have several engines but currently I am restoring a 1 1/2 hp International throttle control engine. Serial number 45559 and I believe it is a type M engine. When I bought the engine it was missing the selector valve. I have not been able to find any information on the valve. I considered trying to make one but without dimensions and fuel flow hole orientation I am at a loss. The opening the valve fits into has some corrosion and pitting, I’m not sure how it could be cleaned up without further damaging the carburetor body. Would the one Turbo has available for the 3 hp fit my particular carburetor. Thanks again for you replies.

Attachments

Vladnick

Registered
Hello Turbo,
My engine is 1 1/2 hp International Type M. Would you be able to tell me if the carburetor on the 1 1/2 and 3 hp were the same. Also I am new to posting inquiries to this site so I am not sure on proper protocol when it comes to purchasing items listed as available. Thanks

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
H&M Enterprises has the 3 way valve not cheap - 69 bucks! His part# HM-69101 He also has the valve hold down spring too HM-46104 $15.50, as per his catalog 3/20/19

Vladnick

Registered
Thanks for the info. I called them and they said they had them in stock. I think they said that they machine them themselves. Unfortunately my rebuild has stalled for a bit as I have to other commitments that need looking after at the present time. It would be nice if I could find some technical drawings or pictures with measurements of the valve just to see what I need. Thanks again. V

Jerry O

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2020
It's likely that the Serial Number you listed as "45559" is actually "A5559". I don't know if the "4" is a typo or not but just in case yours is not very readable, I thought I'd pass along the note.
Jerry O

Vladnick

Registered
I have the engine rebuild on hold temporarily while I restore a 1956 Hurcus 9” lathe from Australia and as a result had to put the engine in storage. I will definitely check the serial number as you mentioned as soon as I can. Not sure if the difference is significant. Will google it and find out. Thanks for your reply. V