• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Water Cooled Briggs & Stratton? (Cushman)

ab-buff

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2018
I was told this is a Briggs and Stratton. The photo is not the best and I can take more tomorrow. I was told it does have the head, not sure about ignition or mixer. There is also a water pump? next to it. He also said it turn over freely. Does anyone know anything about it?

ab-buff

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2018
Re: Water cCooled Briggs & Stratton?

I am going there tomorrow and I'll take some good photos and see what left with it. Thanks for the info

The reason I have Briggs and Stratton is that I have asked him several times and he reply's with that what it says... I just texted him again and he says the same thing so we will see tomorrow.

ScooterBob

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/23/2019

With that pump that appears to be same patina, it may have been a Bean spraying unit. It still was a Cushman built engine. The tag was usually located on the back end of the crankcase.

This thread has a picture of part of the tag of a "Bean Special Cub"...

https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163498

Maybe all the guy can make out is the "B" and the "S" and just assumed???

Last edited:

ab-buff

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2018

So I went to look at it today in person, asked what it was, he says Briggs, go look it has a tag on it. I took a photo of it and showed it to him. He says were in the *^%$ did I get Briggs from?? Got to love it, Thanks guys