• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

Watthour Meter Collectors?

NDmeterman

Latest addition - a 1914 Duncan HC rotating standard for testing DC meters (Thomson Recording Wattmeter etc.)

Visited a friend last weekend, and her husband's late father was a superintendent of the municipal utility for some years, and had taken home a few discarded meters over the years.
The fellow said the other 3 meters were in storage and he'll get them dug out before we meet up again this fall at Rollag - if this was such a nice goodie, can't wait to see what the others might be!

This meter needs a bit of help though - the wooden case needs to be reglued and the interior has decades of dust and cobwebs. Everything else is complete, however, and the leather carrying strap is in fine condition! I'm not sure if the wooden enclosure is missing its bottom (the fact it's a standard meter strongly suggests it should have a bottom to the enclosure!)

Attachments

OttoEngineMan

Latest addition - a 1914 Duncan HC rotating standard for testing DC meters (Thomson Recording Wattmeter etc.)

Visited a friend last weekend, and her husband's late father was a superintendent of the municipal utility for some years, and had taken home a few discarded meters over the years.
The fellow said the other 3 meters were in storage and he'll get them dug out before we meet up again this fall at Rollag - if this was such a nice goodie, can't wait to see what the others might be!

This meter needs a bit of help though - the wooden case needs to be reglued and the interior has decades of dust and cobwebs. Everything else is complete, however, and the leather carrying strap is in fine condition! I'm not sure if the wooden enclosure is missing its bottom (the fact it's a standard meter strongly suggests it should have a bottom to the enclosure!)
Nice looking meter and in quite good condition..

Hawes310

Hello group, I am new here. But i have a GE watthour meter type I-18Y i can not find any corresponding information regarding this meter at all does anyone here know anything about it and or what the value is on this guy at all? I would love to pick someone's brain regarding this merer

Attachments