• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Waukesha FC Starter Spacer Needed

Larry Wolden

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/18/2009
Well, since I first posted about needing parts for the Waukesha FC that I needed, I got direction from members on where to get gaskets, as well as parts and service manuals. I found a rebuilt starter and water pump. I even bought an identical "donor" Power Unit for the bulk of the extra parts I need.

I am in need of one part that I have not been able to find. Waukesha, in their infinite wisdom, saw fit to have a spacer between the starter and the block. The Waukesha P/N is BE-269-A. Does ANYONE have a spacer for this starter they would be willing to sell? I really appreciate any leads you may have.

Bud Tierney

Registered
It looks like just a piece of metal in my parts book...If nothing turns up, try the Hist Soc to see if they have the length of the spacer; if they do, you might be able to cut one out of a piece of aluminum stock or something similar.
Arrowengine.com continued and/or supports some Wauks; don't think the FC was on their list but emailing is free.
FC's were in almost everything: IH trucks (oldihc.com), tractors (a few AC, Case, misc Combines (old tractor forum here/sites), Lift trucks etc (hcea.net), innumerable power units, railcars (narcoa.org) as nauseum...
Maybe someone with one will measure theirs for you...Good luck.