• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

We Bought Another Wobblebox

Scotty 2

Registered
Hello all
We bought another wobblebox off the idiotnet today. Something just doesn't seem right. :shrug:

Cheers Scott

uglyblue66

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/07/2018
:eek:I aint the brightest bulb in the hallway and sometimes I blink and buzz ,but that looks to be a incrediable amount of work.That thing is going to be out of square in every direction.But there would be no challenge if it was perfect now would there.?:brows:

Scotty 2

Registered
Here's how it REALLY looks ...
So no comment on the use of bought and not brought??? :( :D
That first step for a morning pee is a doozy by the looks......

A challenge Mr Ugly?? A sweep out, a bit of no-more-gaps and a few roof screws....she'll be Jake. :eek:

Lucky it only cost us $10 Huh....Hopefully I'll find a good tin-opener in it.
I sent my dad a picture or two and he called me an idiot. My mum called me a boofhead. They didn't call Mrs Scotty anything at all.

Cheers Scott
PS: believe it or not, we bought it for the tail-light. They're the same as the ones used on some old original H series Holden 1 tonners and we have 2 of them (utes, not lights)....and they're hard to find now.

AussieIron

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
The awning would be worth a few bob if it's ok Scotty? Just take a screwdriver, take off the tail lights and awning and leave the rest there! -Bob's yer Uncle. Good deal for $10.

Scotty 2

Registered
The awning would be worth a few bob if it's ok Scotty? Just take a screwdriver, take off the tail lights and awning and leave the rest there! -Bob's yer Uncle. Good deal for $10.
Awning is OK. Hopefully the legs are inside.
Leave the rest....wash your mouth out young man.
a) it's at a mates holding yard. He'll get cranky
b) there's more good stuff.....the gas bottle is near full

Cheers Scott

Glenn Ayers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2020
So no comment on the use of bought and not brought??? :( :D
I've been noticing in other threads that you've started "Buying Things" ... instead of "Bringing Things".

Ya done good son ! You can probably get ten bux back in scrap "al-you-minium"

:salute:

Famous Fitter

Registered
Hey Scotty - if you hurry there is a big new off road van in a pile at the local holding yard from Thursday’s grey nomad smash up derby on the bridge. You may be able to use the wheels on the Paj? There’s a good 4500 diesel V8 in the bent 200 in the pile too.

Famous Fitter

Registered
Hi PLC,

A wobblebox is a term used to describe a caravan or similar

I guess They look like a box , wobble down the road a bit and sometimes fall over ?.

Scotty 2

Registered
I've been noticing in other threads that you've started "Buying Things" ... instead of "Bringing Things".

Ya done good son !
Hello all
Who says you cant teach an old dog how to use a yabby pump?

Oh Justin.....Old Faithful has new tyres. And I wouldn't tarnish her with Tojo wheels. Besides....they're huge wheels. The mighty old faithful wouldn't be able to turn them.

The old wobblebox.......follow one down the dodgy roads around here and you'll understand the term really easily. I had a bit of a giggle with Justin's and sometimes fall over. Obviously!!!
I'm actually interested to see how the top of this wobblebox attaches to the floor. It can't be much that holds it all together.

Cheers Scott

---------- Post added at 07:43:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37:23 AM ----------

Fair go, I couldn't see that bit! For $10, you're laughing.
It'll be a lucky dip when I go to take it away won't it. Everything was swept up and chucked in the upside down bit.
I wonder if the top will go on the bottom backwards?

Paul Richardson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/05/2020
It looks like a new Banglop light truck radial in the spare holder Scotty?
It wouldn't be 14" would it?
If it's mates are in the same condition and 14s,the old tunna might get lucky?

AussieIron

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
I'm actually interested to see how the top of this wobblebox attaches to the floor. It can't be much that holds it all together.
I was looking at that Scotty. Let us know when you find out.

Scotty 2

Registered
I was looking at that Scotty. Let us know when you find out.
Hello Mr Aussie
Matey, not much at all holds the top to the bottom.
The floor does not go to the outside of the chassis. I stops about 20-25mm from the outside.
The sides then sit on the chassis and the sides are screwed horizontally into the side of the floor. And then an aluminium strip is screwed on to cover the screws holding the sides to the floor.

So far.....scored-
Tail-light for the tonner
Clearance light for Mrs Wobbly (the other van)
Awning is a Fiamma wind out. The winder is there and the legs are in the awning apparently.
2 new 13' Chongo tyres on 4 stud wheels.
1/4 brass tap on the gas pipe......WINNER!!
A few windows
Some double pole power points and light switches.
Some firewood
No tin opener yet...

It looks as though Mr Wobbly got shunted.....

Cheers Scott

cobbadog

Registered
Also looks like a fold down table next to the rear entry door.
(noticed I put 'door' at the end of that sentence).

Scotty 2

Registered
Also looks like a fold down table next to the rear entry door. (noticed I put 'door' at the end of that sentence).
Don't you mean fold UP? :O

I think I'm going to use the chainsaw to break the sides down to take to the tip. Quick and easy....

Cheers Scott

AussieIron

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
Any way Scotty, after a little work to get rid of the rubbish, you've done very well! Good on ya!