• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

We need a Logo for our engine show.

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
Help wanted. Lots of people on this forum have been helpful with ideas and advice for the Lima NY Engine show, so I am back for more help.

Here is your chance to design a Logo for a major engine show. (Well it might be some day)

What you need to know.
It's an engine show.
It might help to know it is in Lima NY. (Crossroads of Western NY)
It will need to be printable in one color. Including Black on white.
I pick the winner.

OK that's the end of the rules.

What do you get.

A big thank You
The logo and a thank you printed on 8X10 suitable for framing good quality paper.

The Logo posted on our Face Book page with thanks to you.

A complementary copy of our first annual certificate of participation.

OK, I know that isn't much, but it is almost December and it's cold outside, What else are you going to do?

Thanks ahead of time. I hope we can have some fun with this.

Frank

grub54891

Registered
Last Subscription Date
06/08/2010
I've been toying with the logo in my head. Is it a show for all engines or just certain types?

Weezer

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/07/2014
Don't make the design so complicated that it can't be branded on a shingle.......:O

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
Definitely for all engines. If it makes smoke, and makes you smile it is in. Thanks for working on it.

grub54891

Registered
Last Subscription Date
06/08/2010
I pm'd him with an idea, but have not heard if he used it or came up with something else.

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
I pm'd him with an idea, but have not heard if he used it or came up with something else.
Hi. I didn't get a PM. Please contact me. I am very interested.

---------- Post added at 09:32:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31:42 PM ----------

Did anyone come up with a design for you?
No, Still looking. Sory I didn't check this thread sooner. Do you have an idea?

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
Earlier Grub mentioned a spoked flywheel with engines or pistons in the middle. Perhaps the crossed pistons inside a flywheel? Now if only I could draw.

grub54891

Registered
Last Subscription Date
06/08/2010
Yes I did mention a spoked flywheel, with either pistons or engines between the spokes. Don't know where the post went. I don't see it here.

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
I like the idea of a flywheel with two three or four simplified drawings of engines between the spokes.