• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Weeden 156 saftey valve and burner

stevenkd5017

Registered
I recently picked up a Weeden Model 156. It needs some work, the sight glass and fittings are missing and soldered over, the stack is missing, it is missing a plug in the top. I'm not too concerned about the sight glass, there are fittings and glass available. I can only find 1 picture of a complete 156 that I am attaching where it looks like the weighted safety valve may just be a weight and not really do anything. When I compare it to the top of mine, mine just has a solid plug where the safety valve on that one is, but I don't see any other safety valve and it seems not a good idea to run without a valve. Any help on what should really be there would be appreciated, Also if anyone has a picture of the burner that would go with that I would like to see it. There are 3 pictures of my engine and one of the 156 I found online showing the valve.

Attachments