• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Welcome Australia and New Zealand

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to "Stof" (now Oldsiron) for a nudge to create a "Down Under" board.

Our membership from .au and .nz is phenomenal!

We have 249 .au email addresses. and 95 .nz email addresses.

Also, 371 search user results with with Australia in the physical address.

107 with Zealand. Even more that are abbreviated.

Collectors from Australia and New Zealand have been on Smokstak for many years. I won't be moving the other posts into this forum because they fit quite well in their original boards. You can find some of them here... SEARCH LINK

-- Harry

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
The more the merrier!

I enjoy reading posts from around the world!

Beth:wave:

Trevor A Cole

Registered
Thank you Harry! Do you reckon there is room for a Kiwi beside the Kangaroo?
Trevor Cole
Taranaki
New Zealand

Kiwi added. Thanks. -- Harry

mike_h

Registered
Just advised by email about the new "local" branch.
Look foward to reading what am sure will be interesting threads/posts and hope to make some small contribution.
mike_h

Teddey

Registered
Thanks fellas (guys) for including us in!
Looking forward to lots of discussion and information with a "down under" slant to it.
Teddey

Russell Gilbert

Registered
Last Subscription Date
09/17/2009
Hey Harry, great stuff mate. I have been quite a sleeper on the "Normal Smokstak" due to a kinda lake of ozzie content. I'm sure you will spark up quite a few lurkers from down under.

With the emblem with the roo on it. I recon we could have the kiwis represented also! Put a sheep there stuck in gum books with the roo going chock a block up it! :)

cheers fellas
Russell

Billy J Shafer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/03/2019
Welcome to the new group. Now just send us up here a translation book. So we will know what the heck you guys are saying.

Last Subscription Date
10/02/2010
Hi everyone from sunny Sydney. Although it seems strange being welcomed as I have been her on Smokstak for a looooong time.

B. K. Lahey

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/03/2012
Thanks Harry, I sorta recognise a few names here:wave:,
if your going to start a section for Aust. and NZ. we'd better include Tasmania, it's normally forgotten!!:O:O

Mister Inter

Registered
:Dsweet as mate, well done for giving us our own forum!:D

:wave::pTo all yous ozzies that talk about fish n chips, how about saying dance??

hehe.......

Mister Inter

Regs

Email NOT Working
Greetings from the North Island:wave: I seem to be posting on smokstak more than I thought I would be, but then being in two stationary engine clubs with a bunch of old guys who don't anything about using the internet, well that helps.

Whangarei Stationary Engine Club. Home to one of the largest stationary engine collections in NZ:D;)

norm walker

Registered
Thanks to "Stof" for a nudge to create a "Down Under" board.

Our membership from .au and .nz is phenomenal!

We have 249 .au email addresses. and 95 .nz email addresses.

Also, 371 search results with with Australia in the physical address.

107 with Zealand. Even more that are abbreviated.

Guess I'll need to change those eBay links over to AU.
eBay Australia and their eBay Engine list.

-- Harry
thanks Harry you have a great site good stuff Norm Walker Hobart Tasmania

MatthewT

Registered
Thanks to "Stof" for a nudge to create a "Down Under" board. Our membership from .au and .nz is phenomenal! We have 249 .au email addresses. and 95 .nz email addresses. Also, 371 search results with with Australia in the physical address. 107 with Zealand. Even more that are abbreviated.
Hello Harry , down this end of the world with our date codes , we have the day first then the month then the year ie: 03 date , 05 month , 09 year .
I notice on the top of the " Smokstaks Downunder " you are still using the American month first then daythen year .
If this because we are via the American web site or servicer?
Thanks
Regards
MatthewT