• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Wellton Arizona show

Jeff P Smith

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
Wow! 1st Show of the year this weekend. Got 4 engines on the trailer last night, need to check tie dows and load the pickup and I'm ready for firday morning departure. Last year I beleive there were 120 engines on display. Buster, Gary and their volunteers do a great job of making everyone welcome.

Any stakkers planning on attending?

AZ Gary

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/06/2019
I'm loading today and going down Thur. morning. Looking forward to the show. renewing friendships and seeing the engines and tractors. It is a great show.

R. Kern

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/17/2018
Just a question for general info...I won't be able to go but was curious...Used to go to Welton and it was held on some form of water department property....no motels in Welton..had to go to some real dump in Tacna (sp) ...Then I heard that Buster Brown had some property and folks that had been going to Quartzite were not going to Quartzite any more and going to the show on Buster Brown's property....Are there 2 shows in the Welton area now or how is that working? The shows we used to attend were great shows...nice turnout, great venue and had much fun...the Economy in my avatar is shown running at a Welton show some years ago.

Tom Trainor

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/19/2019
I'll be there, Staying at the Microtel in Welton, excellent hotel, I'm not sure about all the legalities of who owns the property that the show is held on but it sure is a good show to kick off the season. I'll be there Fri AM hopefully able to get set up before the bus loads of school kids get there, see you soon Tom

Jeff P Smith

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
Just a question for general info...I won't be able to go but was curious...Used to go to Welton and it was held on some form of water department property....no motels in Welton..had to go to some real dump in Tacna (sp) ...Then I heard that Buster Brown had some property and folks that had been going to Quartzite were not going to Quartzite any more and going to the show on Buster Brown's property....Are there 2 shows in the Welton area now or how is that working? The shows we used to attend were great shows...nice turnout, great venue and had much fun...the Economy in my avatar is shown running at a Welton show some years ago.
I will try to answer your questions. The show is in the same place on the Wellton Mohawk district grounds. There is a nice Hotel. The show was held in another place for a couple of years, not Busters property. There is the show this weekend and the Main Event is trying to get something going at Quartsite the next weekend. Quartsite Main Event is under new management. Also, this a great show, we had 120 engines last year on display

Jeff P Smith

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
Got the engines on the trailer and tied down, ready to pull out in the morning. Taking a couple to sell and a couple to show. Looking forward to the show!

Attachments

Jeff P Smith

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
Jeff Are the tie downs made from e track? how do they work? Available from a company or did you make them.
Thanks Jim
Jim the track is E-Track, I bought a 10' length and cut it into 1 foot long pieces. I did make 12" long back up plates that are on the bottom side of the Oak Deck. I get my E-Track, Ratchet Straps and the rings from DLD Truck Straps here in Phoenix. I think the have a web site.

Attachments

Jeff P Smith

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
Wow, show was great! 120 Engines on display. Lots of folks to talk to and I got to me Marv Hedberg. Then I come home and see that Gas Engine Magazine had come in the mail, and there is an article about Marv in the magazine.

Firewoodguy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/01/2019
marv,THANK YOU for the tube video...ive been reading at this thread past few days and hoping someone can share some pics, but we got the video! :) i hope to visit that show in the future.. its on my list.