• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

We're BURIED!

C

Chris Kirk

Hope everyone out there in engineland is faring well during the blizzard. Just finished digging ourselves out (round 1)...about 18 inches and still going.

Stay Warm!

Chris

N

NormS

Red X Chris

Would love to see all the snow but I got the dreaded red X

Norm

B

Brian Triebner

Re: Red X Chris

Photo came right up here in cold Ontario but below average snowfall. Brian in the Lake Huron Snowbelt.

J

Joe A

Norm-

It's just you! the pic works great

See ya tonight,

Joe

R

Ralph Leonard

Chris, I got the red x first try also, then got the pic on second try

Ralph in NC

D

Don C. Wiley

Chris;

We got about 6 inches here in beautiful Southern Illinois yesterday and last night. It's supposed to be in the mid 50's by Wednesday and Thursday so the snow should be pretty much all gone by Friday.

Finishing up the 1913 Waterloo Boy in my nice warm shop. I'll post a picture when it's done. I'm finishing up the battery box and wiring and it's ready for a maiden voyage in it's new tuxedo.

"DELCO DON" Southern Illinois

J

John Davidson

Picture came thru OK but where was it taken? No snow in SE WI.

R

REB

No snow here in Tn just ICE. I'm like Don in a nice warm shop except its a 31 Chevy, too lazy to drag a engine in here.

B

Bill Miller

The new snow storm sure makes keepind things cool a lot easier. Bill Miller

C

chuck weimer

`We are working on about 14" in north east CT.and no sines of stoping thar saing atlest 20+". I'm just putsing with my simplisty

B

Bill Tremel

Not sure what the true reading was, but I measured an average of 22" on the ground. Here's of shot of some of the engines that are still out in the open.

Working from home for a few days while I wait for the state to open up our road.

A

Allen

The historic Mt Clare Roundhouse in Baltimore (1884) didn't fare so good in the storm.

Reports from various sources are saying at least 2 very early locos, 2 wooden coaches, a wooden caboose, and an early boxcar damaged or destroyed.

More pics at:

http://www.csxfan.railfan.net/B&Odamage.htm

and

http://www.velarium.com/amitchell/index.html

A

Angela

Here is the most recent pic from this morning. You'll have to follow the link.

Angela

www.geocities.com/enginehound/snow2003.html

(sorry couldn't get the URL to except)

F

Frank Y

We got 21" here in Carbon County, PA and the storm is wrapping up so not much more. Twice plowed out just to keep ahead. And the drifting in some places is waist to shoulder high. A nice picture, but doesnt lend itself nicely to my occupation of appliance delivery. Cant wait for my first trip into a snow bank with a fridge!!

And how many more days til spring??!!

V

Vern Barker N/W Pa

Norm,Must be that cheap 'puter came on here for me.By the way what are you doing here anyways You are suppose to be working in the basement! Vern.

A

Allen

Under that mess

Is supposed to be (if the guys who live in Balto are correct):

0-8-0 Memnon 4-4-0 Wm Mason (may still be elsewhere for restoration work) 4-6-0 Thatcher Perkins 4-6-0 Davis Camel 2-6-0 J.C. Davis 2-8-0 A.J. Cromwell CNJ 1868 Wason Coach (one of 2, other in car shop) SW-1 PM11 B&O I-5D caboose C2222

Almost all irreplaceable mid to late 19th century pieces

A

Adam Cottrill

Re: We're Burning and loving it!!!!

Hey everyone,

Im enjoying the loverly 25 degree celcius days looking forward to the Ballarat Swap meeting this weekend which is the biggest in the southern hemisphere, heading away for a weeks holiday to a resort on the 28th with the girl friend, bought new speedos (bathers) heading to the National Rally after the holiday and then running my on clubs rally the weekend after that the only thing im noticing snow related (snow bunnys) is the easter eggs appearing in the shops!!!!

Wish you guys could be here (especially for the national !!!NO NOT THE RESORT!!!)

Adam

Victoria Australia.

M

Marty

Re: We're Burning and loving it!!!!

Well buddy boy, just give it a few more months when the table turns and your gonna be eatin' them words !