What are these nuts called and are they replaceable

uglyblue66

Subscriber
This is a really decent seat that fits the Wheel Horse A-60 I have. I want to use it BUT 3 of the nuts are missing out of the bottom of the seat.1 fell out rusted and it appeared to have some clips to lock it in or something.BUT if these are replaceable,I need to know the correct name for them so I can find them. Thanks for the help.
This pic shows 1 of the nuts in it's place to the right,and the left 1/2 inch square hole is where another should go.

Attachments

uglyblue66

Subscriber

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
If it wasn't for the big square hole to fill I'd go with the "Riv-Nut" or "Nut-Sert" pop-rivet style nut insert.

With that big hole I'd probably just spot-weld a nut to it and call it done.

:salute:

uglyblue66

Subscriber
Any chance you could put a carriage bolt from the top with a fender washer and regular nut on the bottom? just thinking :shrug:
That is a maby.OF all things I forgot to check to see what size I need as far as 5/16 or 1/4. I have been under the hood of my dads old Dodge truck Again most of the day.

uglyblue66

Subscriber
Well Otto,You had the best idea and that is what I wound up going with.Turns out the holes were cracked around them.So I welded square nuts to the seat .I took the cushion off and put the seat in the electrolosis bucket for a week and the cracks showed up.I found 4 of the nuts like on ebay from a old treadmill I took apart.They fit very loose in the holes and didnt appear they would grip well.So the seat is done and painted.Now 1 of these days I will fix the machine it fits.My plans have been put off by not having much room in the shop right now and not getting my storage box.:(