• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

What Events Are ON!!!

Scotty 2

Registered
Hello all
We all know virtually all events had been cancelled so it might be good to know which events are still on.

There is a small gathering happening at The Grainshed at Freestone (read about the mob in this issue of Oily Rag) this coming Saturday but numbers are limited and social distancing requirements will be adhered too.

The rally at Kingaroy in September is still on and is been organised to be on. It will only be cancelled 2 weeks before the event if it is to be cancelled, so assume it's still on. (thank goodness as this is my 2nd favorite rally. It's a doozy)

Cheers Scott

Dan Baalman

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/26/2017
It will be a small gathering, but myself and two friends will be hosting a get together on July 25th in Oakley Kansas during the county fair. Engines and pre-war tractors, cars and equipment are welcome.

E27N

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/06/2020
Quairading is seeking expressions of interest for a one time rally on the 10 oct to replace our annual ag show ( was to be the 100th been postponed to next year) I’ve got an email circulating at the moment. Fingers crossed we can get sufficient interest to go ahead.

Scotty 2

Registered
Hello all
It looks like WA is getting back to the swing of things. How good is that?
Victoria may have a waiting time still to go I'd imagine.

Cheers Scott

cobbadog

Registered
There are some very selfish people out there. Just heard on the News that someone from one of the 'lock down' zones in Melbourne has caused 50 Woolworths Staff to go into quarantine becasue they decided it was ok to leave the area go to the store and then apparently fly to Sydney.
If this is the case hope they get this $1,100.00 fine and the vacation in gaol.

asw20

Registered
Should only take a couple of well-publicised "examples" made of offenders to get the message through. We seem to be doing well in Qld, people generally did as instructed and it seems to have worked. I have been shot in the head (temperature check) and hand sanitised more times than I can count in the last month and have no problem with it. Fortunately I have still been working.

cobbadog

Registered
I get zapped a lot having temp checks with my work too and mostly because of entering nursing homes and I know I dont want to be responsible for infecting the residents.

For those people lucky enough to be able to get the toys out of moth balls and have a weekend of play time, I am envious and hope you have a great time doing it. We do expect a lot of pics though as full payment for the torture to us who cannot play.

Tom Stockton

Last Subscription Date
01/30/2020
The Coolspring July show is on.
We might have to help our friends accept the importance of keeping distanced &/or wearing masks.
People I know & know of have gotten very sick, & a couple died of the plague.
It's no hoax. (My wife is in epidemiology & health care analysis.)

cobbadog

Registered
So true Tom. You only have to look at the number of people who this virus has killed and how extremely contagious it is. enjoy the Rallies but please be considerate and keep your distances and wear a mask as an extra safety measure.

Tom Stockton

Last Subscription Date
01/30/2020
So true Tom. You only have to look at the number of people who this virus has killed and how extremely contagious it is. enjoy the Rallies but please be considerate and keep your distances and wear a mask as an extra safety measure.
An unusual Covid problem is that asymptomatic people can be contagious.
In areas where people take no precautions because they've seen no outbreak,
an infected person could spread it before detection.
And looking around engine shows, I notice some people in the high risk groups.
A few of us are even over 60. So if someone offers a handshake, I'll offer an elbow.
They laugh & go along with the new ritual, but we won't infect each other.

Last edited:

Dobbo56

Registered
Hi all
For those lucky enough to be able to go to a rally please please post photos for us unlucky ones that don't have an opportunity to get to one.
Cheers Dobbo

GreasyJohn

Registered
Quairading is seeking expressions of interest for a one time rally on the 10 oct to replace our annual ag show ( was to be the 100th been postponed to next year) I’ve got an email circulating at the moment. Fingers crossed we can get sufficient interest to go ahead.

We are comming so long as there is that Hart Parr