• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

What happened to my windows 10?

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
I lost my Windows 10... Now what do I do?? I can still get to chrome and do most of what want..

Harry

Administrator
You can hate Windows 10 right along with many of the rest of us. I think they got carried away with the modernization of it, but it's probably just like switching from vBulletin to XenForo. You have to submit and learn the new Generation Y stuff, but I'm still on Windows 7 and it's a forced change.

Steve Kreiner

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/03/2019
Harry have you upgraded to 10 and was it the free version ? I am still running 7.

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
I don't know what happened... Usually when I open up my laptop a picture comes up and it asked me if I like the picture and came tell them I do or don't like it.. or just hit enter and it goes to my home screen. Well it got stuck on one picture for about 8 days and it didn't ask if I wanted it changed, but would still let me go to my home screen. Then when I got onto the home screen the start (windows looking thingy) in the lower left corner didn't work, unless I right clicked and a menu came up that really didn't pertain to me? I also didn't have a program that opens up some of my pictures?? I could still get to Chrome and get on everything like my e-mail, FB, FB Messenger and Smokstak but there was no OneNote, Windows e-mail or Edge or any apps that usually show up with the Windows 10 page.. Then yesterday morning I turned it on and Windows 10 came up like it usually does.. Different picture and if I liked it or not.. Yes, Harry I did like Windows 95, 98, WIndows 7.. I think the best I had used was Windows XP... but it lost it's support last year..

rider5

Registered
A few days ago I read a comment about the free windows 10 installation which was located on cnet and since windows won't be supporting 7 after this month I decided to try it and see if it would still be available. The answer is Yes and I am now running window 10 pro and it is a little bit better than it was when it first came out. I am going to miss my 7, but with the changes they made on 10 in the last couple years I think I can live with it. I wonder how long before they replace the windows 10?

Harry

Administrator
I sure wish they could lose all the app crap. Yes, I tried the Windows 10 upgrade back when they were trying to coax everyone into doing it, but I ended up uninstalling.it. Someone said one time that they were slowing down Windows 7 to make it compare not as good as 10, but that very well be an internet rumor. In the interim, we have acquired two Windows 10 computers, one for my wife and one for myself. My wife doesn't like it and prefers IOS. On mine, Photoshop loading cold is definitely faster.

There are a lot of tips on the web, Google "taming Windows 10", but which tips can you trust?

I like oldstuff

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/09/2015
Call me too lazy to learn all the tips and tricks in 10 but it's just bloatware. Microsoft can't make any money off of old systems so they have to update for a revenue stream. To this it's now going all web based to insure a $$ubscription. The result is new systems that do the same thing as something 15 years old. But the complexity of the new and improved stuff hides things that once were easy to access inside umpteen layers of nifty new features that 99% of users never will need.

In other words they over complicate something that worked well. I wish I had XP and office 2000 as it worked.
32 or 64 bit I don't care. Give me the simple systems with a fast processor and I'm good to go.