• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS FORUM?

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Must of had to change it to conform to some new government regulations now - to me at least it seems far, far less user friendly than before.
The old platform wasn't supported so Harry had to update. There are a lot of moving parts that he is still connecting, so be patient. Until I get used to it, I'm not a fan of the structure/look. I'm miss what I would consider (and I'm used to it) the cleaner look.

Isn't change glorious? ;-)

MFaris

Registered
I'm not sure how to quote what Beth said about not being a fan of the structure/look. But I'm wondering if that's why there has been such a drop in posts over the last few days?

I really didn't like it at first but I decided to just practice and experiment by starting a bunch of threads, now it's really growing on me! I really like the new "Attach files" photo options. Using that button I can post full size photos without using a photo hosting site, which saves a lot of time and hassle!

Just start some random threads to practice and then you'll really see the advantages of this new platform!

Steve Dunn

Registered
The old platform wasn't supported so Harry had to update. There are a lot of moving parts that he is still connecting, so be patient. Until I get used to it, I'm not a fan of the structure/look. I'm miss what I would consider (and I'm used to it) the cleaner look.

Isn't change glorious? ;-)
Beth thanks for the information. It's good to hear from someone I know. Hope we get our private message history back as I had some contacts I would rather not loose.

Merv C

Registered
It didn't take me too long to figure it all out and I like it I was very surprised to find the posts can be held in draft, as today I thought I had accidentally lost one Then I found it again in draft so I didn't have to write it again. That is a big improvement.

Thanks Harry

Merv

Nick Severson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/24/2019
It didn't take me too long to figure it all out and I like it I was very surprised to find the posts can be held in draft, as today I thought I had accidentally lost one Then I found it again in draft so I didn't have to write it again. That is a big improvement.
I began writing a post on my phone, stopped... forgot about it and later logged on with my laptop, and the draft was there!

georgineer

Registered
"Change is not without inconvenience, even though it be from worse to better." - Richard Hooker, 1554-1600

- and I think the change is for the better. The new site has even trimmed my whiskers into a neat curve!

George