• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS FORUM?

Ben Busfield

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/12/2017
it will take time to get use to but it is nicer in ways not in others but in time we all will be using it like we have been for years but the key will be if one has 10 year old grandkids , kids or other family members they can teach old dogs new tricks and we will have it down in no time. :ROFLMAO:

uglyblue66

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/07/2018
What happened to this thread title? It was misspelled?
I am not roaming around the new forum like i did the old 1.I find I am like Billy ,10 minutes is all I can take.I have determined it is not the site persay,but the brightness of the back ground.I feel like I need to dim the screen or something.I actually find myself squinting at the 42 inch montior and it is about 8 feet from me but is so BRIGHT!

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
Well, still trying to get used to it. Kind of like working in the dark, keep getting lost, but I'm game, I'll figure it out eventually!

uglyblue66

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/07/2018
Harry,You are a smart man to understand what all that means and how to run this thing.But what does that picture show,the site has had more hits or?

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
News from the Builders of our Forum:

Recently, we've had a few questions regarding our progress towards version 2.2 of XenForo, so it feels like the time is right to post an update to keep you all in the loop.

First things first, we have to say that 2.2 isn't as far along as we would have liked. However, it is now our primary development focus and we are really excited at what we have lined up for inclusion in 2.2. The reasons for the delay are various, but there are measures in place to ensure that this should be the last time we have to announce that we are running a little late.

Among our behind-the-scenes projects that have contributed to the late arrival of 2.2 is an effort to update xenforo.com itself to run on the XenForo 2 framework, which allows us to quickly bring new features to essential parts of the site like support tickets, the customer area and the sales system. It will also mean an update and a new design for the slightly-beyond-geriatric home page we have sported for the past nine years! We look forward to rolling out our updated site and support systems in the very near future.

There are a number of other projects on the back burner waiting to bubble up in the near future, and we are sure that you will be pleased when you see what we've got cooking.

-- XenForo

George Hoffman

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/28/2018
Harry thanks for a great site. The new one is taking a bit of time to get used to especially for us old buggers.
I know exactly what you mean above. My son in law is presently rebuilding a site for a corporation with 29 companies.
You have to have an IQ a lot higher than mine for that.
Keep up the great work
Cheers.

Billy J Shafer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/03/2019
I think I am done here. My eyes just can't take it. Make me dizzy to look at.

Last edited:

cobbadog

Registered
I don't mind the new Forum just not fussed on the main menu layout. It makes me feel like I am trying to read Chinese have the headings written over 3 lines beneath one another. To me the old style Headings written on a single line was easier to read and find the topics of interests.
Sorry harry if this offends but I still love the Forum.

Sonny Reese

Registered
I dont understand what you mean by headings in 3 lines???? ---ALL of the headings are on one line for me, and I only have a small 17" monitor on my computer.

Power

Registered
I think I am done here. My eyes just can't take it. Make me dizzy to look at.
I have to look only a few minutes at a time. I have been searching for a way to change background & font. If I find out how, I will post.

Billy, Until (if) I figure it out, here are some things that may help.
On your computer, go into control panel- display- set type to larger- 150%. See if that is ok on other sites.
From display, go to advanced settings., monitor, screen refresh and change refresh to 75 Hertz. That helped a lot.
You can also decrease resolution, which will make everything look larger, but decrease too much, and edges of pages on other sites will be trimmed off.

Last edited:

uglyblue66

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/07/2018
Bless you my freind,it will be nice to be able to look at it steady for more than a few minutes.I literaly look at a thread and walk away and come back.