• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

What Have You Done to Your Onan Generator Today?

Max Thompson

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
09/03/2019
I went with a buddy's recommendation, no tipping problem. But I did "miss" it one time and landed in a heap on the floor. :bonk:

len k

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/12/2018
This is a nice LED bright headlamp, puts light where your looking. ~$15-20 for 2 about a year ago at home depot. Works real nice for dark spots in the house and when working on stuff. Bright, can focus it for sport or wide beam. Press button and can make it high. med , low light to save bats,

Only thing wrong with them is they take ordinary bats, three AAA cells alkaline, I would prefer longer life of a rechargeable lithium....... looking on web looks like they now sell that, at ~ $50

For reg bats I bought a 20 box of cheap alkalines at grocery store. What I do to keep bat cost down and light up is as light gets dim I only add one new bat. Eventually I end up with one bat @1.5V , another @ ~1.25V, last one @ 1.0V. l measure cell voltage and take out one thats down to 1.0V , add new one and shift others over. Gets ~ last drop of energy out of bat, and still have reasonable bright light

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=299147FCDC8DE92B1E3130CCA90FD935D66FAC9D&thid=OIP.XqjhxzgjuRwg1fBsovgyrQHaHa&mediaurl=https://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/5947/5947662_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550&exph=500&expw=500&q=coast+LED++headlamp+&selectedindex=68&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=0,1,2,3,4,6,8,10

Last edited:

HBSkirmit

Registered
This is a nice LED bright headlamp, puts light where your looking. ~$15-20 for 2 about a year ago at home depot. Works real nice for dark spots in the house and when working on stuff. Bright, can focus it for sport or wide beam. Press button and can make it high. med , low light to save bats,

Only thing wrong with them is they take ordinary bats, three AAA cells alkaline, I would prefer longer life of a rechargeable lithium....... looking on web looks like they now sell that, at ~ $50

For reg bats I bought a 20 box of cheap alkalines at grocery store. What I do to keep bat cost down and light up is as light gets dim I only add one new bat. Eventually I end up with one bat @1.5V , another @ ~1.25V, last one @ 1.0V. l measure cell voltage and take out one thats down to 1.0V , add new one and shift others over.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=299147FCDC8DE92B1E3130CCA90FD935D66FAC9D&thid=OIP.XqjhxzgjuRwg1fBsovgyrQHaHa&mediaurl=https://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/5947/5947662_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550&exph=500&expw=500&q=coast+LED++headlamp+&selectedindex=68&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=0,1,2,3,4,6,8,10
My shop is about 300' from our house, so I could use one when i have both hands full in the dark !

len k

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/12/2018
They work real nice, old eyes need more light for detailed work.
Real convenient at night hanging laundry outside, worry about animals in the dark. Flood lights only go so far, shadows

Zephyr7

Registered
Ryobi has a really great LED floodlight that works with their battery platform. If you have other ryobi stuff I HIGHLY recommend the big LED worklight. It has a plug behind the battery so you can use it plugged in with an extension cord too. That and their better inflator are probably my favorite tools in their line.

There is a really nice mechanics stool from “mymechanic” that is pretty heavy and doesn’t have the tipping over problem. I got mine at Costco last year for around $50. I don’t think costco has them anymore, but you might be able to find them online.

Bill

len k

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/12/2018
That's a real bright one @ 1700 lumens

Even Duracell 1000 lumens flashlight is real bright too.

Trick with above bright lights is bat has to be rechargeable.

IIRC even @ 1000 lumens mine takes ~ 1/4 amp so it's 3 C size alkaline bats (4.5VDC) won't last long. I substituted in a ~ 3.7 VDC rechargable lithium-ion (18650...2.2 amp hr) and spacer, it's still reasonably bright

Last edited:

Ben Cowan

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/07/2019
Been busy with trip up close to Billy to see our new grandkid. Son's second daughter. Also tied up with new house construction. Found time today to fire up the 7.5JB and exercise for about 45 minutes with a 20 amp load of heaters. Had a bit more hunting than normal. any dual fuel carbs available? thinking of converting to propane. Luck, Ben

EICBob

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
It has been way too long since I have been able to do anything on any of my fleet. With winter snow removal, having been on call a few times that I normally don't do and helping the adult supervisor with her foot issues, time tends to slip by. Friday last we spent quality time at the local ER dealing with her foot again. The last surgery has not helped at all and to add to the issue she dropped an 18lb cast iron griddle on it for fun.
Luckily no broken bones, but it is swollen and looking pretty nasty. So back to no walking for a bit again.
Maybe this weekend I might be able to hook up the laptop to one of the RS12000 units and track the governor function as I track down it's cold no-start issue.
The Beam gaseous adapter and mounting plates should arrive by this weekend for my BGA.
Till then..
Cheers :)

-BobC