What is it?

Big Bird

Re: what is it?

:wave: It is a air compressor... 4 cyl.. The copper band around it under the cyl head is the intake..
there are several holes in each cylinder behind the band for the intake of air. and it has Four poppet valves that are inline, and the tallest one is the outlet . it turns over by hand and has compression... Looked cool so I had to buy it.... now I just have to figure out what to do with it :brows:
I still can't find any Maker's Mark, or patent # anywhere on it.. and I still wonder who made it and when.. Any clue?...
Last edited:


New member
These were installed on high end cars and used to inflate tires. Pierce-Arrow (among others) designed these into the cars.