• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

What is this magneto for?

6hpMarty

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/11/2010
I have a magneto that is a WebsterTri Polar Oscillator, and on 1 end of the copper looking band is "Type m 1 Milton Brown" On the other end is No. 479071 McInnerney Podlesak Patents. It seems to be an all self contained mag, that bots directly where the igniter would bolt on and the trip arm activates the mag and trip all with 1 lever. What is this off of and does it have any value??? Marty.

Rudy

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
03/07/2018
Re: What is this magneto for????

Marty, your mag and bracket fits a 1.5 Hp Hercules engine.

6hpMarty

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/11/2010

Does anyone know an approximate value??? I will try and post some pictures.

Chuck Woycke

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/12/2020

if your mag has the numbers on the bracket 303k26 or the harder to find 303k30 it is for a hercules built engine.if it's in good condition and works and it is not welded or repaired in any way it is worth at auction between $250-375.most complete webster mags and brackets bring that price-someone in the post said it is a hercules mag,if not please post the 303k number

Rudy

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
03/07/2018

The serial number on the band doesn't mean much. If the brass band is original on the mag and it says M1 it won't be a K series mag . M and K series mags don't interchange on mag brackets.if the number on the mag band is K26 or K30, than it is a K series mag. the numbers were stamped on the mag band to tell you what series the mag was and the application.

6hpMarty

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/11/2010

The numbers on the bottom are 303MI with dots above the second 3 and above the M Hope this helps. The condition is rusty but not stuck one spring missing on the front but all else is there and looks in relativly good shape.

Rudy

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
03/07/2018

Hi Marty, as in my first post, your mag and bracket assembly fits a Hercules 1.5 HP engine.