• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

What is your attitude to this?

karragullengine

Registered
I think you're selling the European holiday workers a little short there, I've worked with many of them and spoken to dozens of them on the road and generally their English is as good as most Australians.

Better actually, when they start pointing out the way we roll our words into one makes you realise we have a language of our own. One worker was asking me what i mean by wooder. I said, to wash your hands, he's like, oh you mean waTer. Got me listening to myself...

Paul Richardson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/05/2020
I think you're selling the European holiday workers a little short there, I've worked with many of them and spoken to dozens of them on the road and generally their English is as good as most Australians.
......?......I wonder what could possibly cause the average European's English to become so poor?

Scotty 2

Registered
Hello all
It may be just a western Australian thing but the vast majority of overseas holiday worker around here buy their own cars and travel. They're usually in Australia for at least a year so hiring a van is stupid. It's much cheaper to buy a car and travel and then sell it when they go home. Laws in the NT in particular favour this approach.
Old Pajero's and 6 cylinder station wagons are the go.

Cheers then
Scott