• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

What make / model cars are these? 1920s?

Brian Lynch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
This pic is of my great grandfather's auto dealership on Greenwood Street in Andover, NY. That's him in the top hat. I know he sold Oakland, Ford, Overland and possibly Buick. I don't know what make these particular autos are. They have NYS dealer plates on them but I can't make out the year. Any help is appreciated.:)

Attachments

Oldtech

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
The one on the left is a Ford Model T. Second one I can't tell for sure. Could be a 4 cly Buick. 3rd one looks like a 1916-17 Buick D45. 4th. Can't tell. These cars appear to all be pre 1918

Brian Lynch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
Looking at the back of this pic I was able to make out a date of 1917. The ink is faded out, very tough to see. It took a big magnifying glass to see it. I'd love to have one of those cars.

Fred Gibson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/17/2019
Great Photo Brian of the Model T Ford, D-35 Buick, D-45 Buick and a series 490 Chevrolet thanks for posting

oldsoldster

Registered
The 490 is a 1916-17 model for sure.There appears to be a light truck parked against the building, behind the 490. The front fender appears to be Model T possibly.Great photo !