• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

What the heck is this?

Ihorse

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/12/2016
here is one a fellow wants to sell,
now, i have never seen one this small, maybe in your part of the country, but not here, it says 60 on the front bolster, this thing is about the size of a 9-N ford, no adj axels, so --a std?? yes?
:crazy:

Attachments

John Schwiebert

Registered
It is an Oliver 60. It might be a 60 industrial judging by the color of the paint under the green, Here in the midwest a lot of Oliver collectors would like to have that tractor. Serial number is located on the manifold side of the engine block. Due to World war 2 production was not that great. More questions?

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
I can think of at least two people in Northern Illinois that would love to have that tractor, one is one here but rarely posts anything so I don't know how often he watches what others post, and the other I don't think even knows about this site.

Neat little tractor !

LCJudge

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
DJ, I used to have an Oliver 60 just like that. My brother in law said he really wanted it so I gave it to him. He kept it a couple of years and sold it. Mine was the industrial model (I think possibly the one you have photoed is too) and had an extra high speed gear on it. That thing would do 35 to 40 MPH on the highway.

Ihorse

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/12/2016
i did drive it--and it has some kind of two speed in the shifter, it goes like the dickens in high

Ihorse

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/12/2016
oops- i forgot in last post--there are giant weights on the rear--[inside and out] any ideas:shrug: why??

Ihorse

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/12/2016
well, here is the latest update-
i found out it is actually a industrial model, it has the pads on the frame. a fellow stopped by and told me that, and they only built about 700 of them,
i do have it now, but will probably sell it soon
thanks