What to do for parts now?

johnrod

seems that Hit n Miss is just Anthony now, all buy hisself. wont be long till he quits, Im thinkin.
so what are we supposed to do for parts?
Rod in AZ

Rich Mueller Sr

Subscriber
Re: what to do for parts now?

Look on sponsor page at top of page, also Flywheel supply is getting a pretty good line of parts new and used ,I have been reading. Met him at Lathrop Mo show and had a lot of stuff there to sell,he also has a catolog out just call and will send one. Starbolt is REAL GOOD and fast to, got to remember the sponsors that have helped the Stak over the years..

Mike

Subscriber
About a year ago, I had a conversation with the owner of Flywheel Supplies on the phone regarding an item I had purchased off Ebay. He was a bit abrupt with me which surprised me. Recently, I attempted to purchase a priming cup off Ebay which he was selling and discovered that he had BLOCKED me from buying from him. Guess he has pretty thin skin. :)

uglyblue66

Subscriber
About a year ago, I had a conversation with the owner of Flywheel Supplies on the phone regarding an item I had purchased off Ebay. He was a bit abrupt with me which surprised me. Recently, I attempted to purchase a priming cup off Ebay which he was selling and discovered that he had BLOCKED me from buying from him. Guess he has pretty thin skin. :)
Not smart thing to do is it?
I thought Star Bolt was sold and is no longer in business? :shrug:

johnrod

to the point, what happens when you want parts, which those places do not have. I have a Stover KA, need a head gasket and Starbolt/Flywheel do not carry that item. I am tired of waiting 2+ months from HnM!!!
Rod in AZ

Jeremy Hartle

Subscriber
I make my own head gaskets. A lot of guys do. I do because i dont want to wait a week or months in hit and miss time to get it. Small parts i make on my lathe. Send me a pattern for your head gasket and ill cut one for you.

Brickman

I think flywheel supply are good people. there is always two sides to a story , just saying

prybar

Do like they did 40-50 years ago. Go to a good machine shop.
If you want to play, you may have to pay. Just saying.
Can be a difficult hobby for the novice, without resources.

Ironman

to the point, what happens when you want parts, which those places do not have. I have a Stover KA, need a head gasket and Starbolt/Flywheel do not carry that item. I am tired of waiting 2+ months from HnM!!!
Rod in AZ
Call Starbolt and order a head gasket for a CT-2 Stover. The KA and the CT-2 use the same gasket.