• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

What's Your Dream Diesel Engine?

Ken Majeski

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/10/2019
A 17 HP Ruston Hornsby or a 2 Cylinder Kahlenberg....:) I've passed on a couple Rustons and Kicked Myself Later:bonk:

I have a 15 HP Fairbanks Y and like it but a 25 is a Little Big for me....

Contaucreek

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2017
Most dream of the exotic. Me I'd be happy with a FMYH but most of all Lister CS's do it for me,built by skilled hands and known the world over for simplicity, reliability and longevity.

Mikey4026

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
How about a nice 567 or 645 EMD or a 38TD 8 1/8 Fairbanks Morse? An atlas would be nice also, saw one along side the road in Bremerton today!

David Scott

Registered
Last Subscription Date
09/07/2018
Mine would be a St. Maries ot Mary's how ever they spell it any size would be fine the biggest I know of is a thirty horse Iv'e be told of but haven't seen yet. A good freind has a 20 hp. and another has 2 a 2hp and a 5hp I may be wrong about those sizes but it don't mater I'd just like to have one.:D

David and Andy

ListerDiesel

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
10/24/2016
Most medium sized diesel engines are nice to be around, but some are nicer than others ;) I can't get too excited by the tiddlers.

The Ruston & Hornsby horizontal diesels are very fine engines mechanically and run like big clocks. Listers are good too, and we have both, but the 1ZHR Ruston & Hornsby that we have is always going to be our favourite. It was also made in the mid 1960's, which people never believe when we tell them.

Peter

Rick McKay

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/28/2015
For me it's a toss up.....either a 1 cyl Fairbanks Y Vertical or a 6 cyl :eek:

....that's cause I already have a 4 cyl Kahlenberg and a 25 hp Fairbanks YH.:D

......:rolleyes: ...but then on second thought maybe an Atlas would be nice too....

The wife thinks there's no hope for me.:bonk:

Rick