• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Which is more desirable?

ronm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
6 Horse Stover or 4 horse Ingeco?
I know, get both of them...but that may not work out...:shrug:

PS- both pretty complete, both stuck-Stover has a broken rocker arm.

Jim Tremble

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/20/2016
Ronm

If you get the Ingeco, what would be the chances of borrowing the mixer as a pattern ??

We have been looking high and low for one and have found nothing.

Thanks,

Jim

Ed Noli

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2019
What model is the Stover? I am looking for a KC parts engine. Thanks Ed

LCJudge

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
6 Horse Stover or 4 horse Ingeco?
I know, get both of them...but that may not work out...:shrug:

PS- both pretty complete, both stuck-Stover has a broken rocker arm.
Whichever you like the best is the most desirable. As for value, there isn't a great deal of difference. You will see more of the Stover's than the Ingeco's. With the old iron, whatever excites you is the one to have!

ronm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
That's the problem-they're both pretty cool engines...
I'll see how things work out. I know the Ingeco is not as common, but that big Stover just looks like it means business...

Tom S

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/08/2019
a 4 hp Ingeco is a pretty good sized engine too and nice to look at. The 5 spoke flywheels are a little different.

ronm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Well, this is the one I ended up with. ..4 horse Ingeco...(the Stover was gone)...my friend threw it in the deal on the G tractor I posted the new thread on in the antique tractor forum...it's thoroughly stuck-NOTHING moves...but no welds or breaks. As if I needed another project. But like I said about the G, couldn't pass it up.

Attachments