• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Who is your local go to Wisconsin engine guy?

EngineMasters

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/06/2014
Who is everyone's go to guy? Fewer and fewer dealers are out there for our engines. I carry a lot of stock. I was hoping to come up with a few hidden gems of suppliers of old stock. Besides the handful of online distributors, who do you go to? Do they stock stuff anymore? Anyone sitting on a pile of wisconsin stuff they just won't sell?

Just curious where people go nowadays.

Jeff

Zira

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
03/21/2020
Well, this site, and my father. Plus I have a stack of books about 2-1/2 feet high (really). There is a guy at the local NAP (which also sells/services small engines) that I sometimes bounce ideas off of. Generally anyone that has been in the small engine or agricultural business for a long time (20+years) has a decent working knowledge of them.

Bolens 1000

Registered
Not many left dealing with the Wisconsin Engines, sort of sad in a way as the factory is still producing alot of the parts for the Older engines.
I became a Wisconsin dealer a few years ago to help fill the void in the Bolens industry on the single cylinder models but mainly sell online and on ebay.

Always willing to help when I can. I have just as much passion for saving the Wisconsins as I do the Bolens tractors!

Zira

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
03/21/2020
Bolens, do you have spec number information? The guy I used to get it from has retired.

Zira

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
03/21/2020
Nothing specific today, just nice to be able to see what a specific spec number called for. Like I have an AF with external governor, if the info plate was still there it would be nice to see what else was different about it. Or the AHH with the drive off the magneto drive.

KenHilliard

Registered
I have available a 1936 AE with external governor. It runs fine. Reconditioned ur 3/4 carb. Shipping would be tremendous for west to east coast. It does have id tag. No known service locations near here in northern California.

Zira

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
03/21/2020
Ken -

I would like to see pictures of your set up some time. The linkage on mine has been "rigged" at some point & I am not sure that I have re-set them properly.

Thanks.

runnindiesel

Registered
I use R G Moeller in Grandville, MI. They are a dealer if memory serves me. Order new parts through them and they have even been able to source used parts for me as needed (Shrouds and ETC)

EngineMasters

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/06/2014
I guess it is worth me mentioning that I do buy NOS inventory whenever I get the chance. If anyone knows someone that is sitting on inventory they would like to move let me know. I work on and rebuild the V4 engines on a daily basis, so I am always on the lookout for more parts.

Jeff

815-485-4545

KenHilliard

Registered
The air vane governor is not connected. I am using a locking throttle cable for setting constant speed. What I have is a spring and shaft (threaded through the air shroud by couple of nuts) on air shroud side hooked to spring and air vane on pto side.

Zira

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
03/21/2020
Ken -

Oh, I thought you had one with an external mechanical governor, not air vane. That is what I was looking for. Thanks anyway.

EngineMasters

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/06/2014
Inventory Update

Just wanted to bump this post. I recently picked up a bunch more Wisconsin NOS inventory. Most of it is for the V4 Engines. I hope to be getting another load this weekend. Call us if you need something. 815-485-4545

Jeff

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
Re: Inventory Update

those v4 engines are a expensive build. i did one a few years back, had all the time in the world and was patient. caught a lot of parts that were NOS searching ebay etc. that really cut the cost without putting cheap made parts back in it.

FlopGuns

Registered
Hello i am new on this site but i need a flywheel cover for a wisconsin AHH engine
any help out there thanks keith

---------- Post added at 08:25:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16:25 PM ----------

I need a flywheel cover for my AHH WISCONSIN . ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET IT THANKS KEITH