Who's going to Clyde Schurman's auction?

George Best

Subscriber
I'll be there Saturday only.

I don't expect to buy anything, mostly going just to witness the bidding and see what things sell for and who buys what.

I'd love to have some of Clyde's engines, but am afraid that anything I'd want will be way out of my price range.

George

George Best

Subscriber
Leonard,

I think it is more a problem with the size of my bank account for hobby purchases:(

If you don't have the money, it only takes one other bidder with a larger bank roll to keep things out of reach. Where the majority of the people at the auction will have bigger bank rolls, I'm sure I'll be a spectator.

George Best

Subscriber
It's a small world.

Yesteday at work I noticed a sign someone had posted about the upcoming auction of Clyde Schurman's collection. I work in an office building with about 600 people and thought I'd know if anyone in the building was into old iron besides myself.

After checking around I found it wasn't a engine/tractor collector posting the sign, it was Clyde Schurman's niece. I had no idea that someone working in the same building was related to Clyde.

Leonard Keifer

Subscriber
George, I've been in the same boat-too little money, too many neat engines. Like you I've gone to some engine auctions just as a spectator.

Neat story about working in the same building as the man's niece. Small world, indeed.

i,ll be there saturday. never seen an example of the 35 & 50 horse IHC's in the flesh & who knows!! there could be something jump in my truck. skip